15 May 2014

Lifestyle | McBusted - Reliving my childhood

If I have one weakness when it comes to music, it's boybands. You wouldn't guess that I am turning twenty one this year (when did that even happen?) as I'm head over heels for every single boyband on the market. When I heard that James & Matt from Busted were teaming up with the boys from McFly to make one heck of a supergroup, I'm pretty sure that heart palpitations occurred. There was no-one in the house to celebrate with me so I grabbed my 'Busted - A Ticket For Everyone' DVD and soaked up all those nostalgic vibes.

Ten years ago when Busted were at their prime I was a huuuuge fan. The collection of memorabilia I still have is a tiny little bit ridiculous; Everything from a tour t-shirt to their very last interview in Smash Hits magazine. So when the tickets were released I was sat with my Mam's card at the ready to purchase some tickets and almost cried when I got some, almost. I went to see them at the back end of last month in Newcastle and I just wanted to let you know how amazing it was.

I'd seen Busted and McFly separately (I told you I love boybands) so to see them perform together was a dream come true. I was so pleased at the set list, as much as I adore McFly, it was great to hear so many Busted songs live again. Kicking it off with the well-known Air Hostess, I knew that this was going to be an amazing show. With strobe lights, fire, a flying car, UFO centre stage and a giant inflatable pair of 'triple boobs' - I couldn't of wished for anything better. Not only are they brilliant performers, they are excellent musicians too. After ten years, I'm still in love with James Bourne and his little skinny legs...


Check out my May Advertiser - GianniC
Share:

24 comments

  1. I went to see them in London a few weeks ago in London. SO MUCH FUN. Like literally the most fun I've ever had at a concert. Everyone singing along and crazy dancing, 2 guys dressed up as air hostesses...amazing :) xx

    Katy | www.littlemisskaty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw them in London and OMG they were so good! Really did make my childhood dreams come true :) I also have a post on my blog www.ohhellomango.co.uk if you're interested! Ahh I want to relive it again and again! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw them in Manchester and they were just amazing! I've actually just posted about it over on my blog http://in-my-fashion-pocket.blogspot.co.uk/ if you'd like a read!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw them in Birmingham and they were amazing - I had seen Busted (McFly were supporting them back then!) years ago, and McFly more recently but this was one of the best concerts ever. They did such a good show! x

    http://ninegrandstudent.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. im so jealous! so glad you had an amazing time :)

    Style Soup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I'm expecting a gazillion photos lol X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'M SO JEALOUS! I can't attend any of the shows since I'm not from the country but I saw them all live at the Royal Albert Hall the first time they got together for McFly's 10th year anniversary and it was unbelievable. I'm glad you had such an amazing time and saw Busted play after having split up so long ago!

    Tania x
    thetaniadiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no! They were absolutely amazing! xo

      Delete
  8. So jealous you got to go! They were my 2 favourite bands! x

    TheWeeBlondie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh God, Busted and McFly really take me back! Gotta say, I probably liked McFly more back then, but both of the bands tunes were so catchy! Hope you had a lovely time :) xx

    everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved them both so much! Thank you xo

      Delete
  10. I'm so jealous of everyone who went, definitely a teen years reminder! Gutted I missed out of the triple boob show though haha.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were absolutely brilliant! YES, the triple boob was fab ha! xo

      Delete
  11. I went to see them in April, it was SO good! :D
    I was shocked they had so many Busted songs, If I remember correctly they sung 17 songs, one was the Michael Jackson cover, 10 Busted and only 6 Mcfly songs. Seemed a bit odd when they could have done an even number of both, but saying that it was an amazing show.

    When the UFO stage came down I was like :O WHAAAAT?! Amazing.
    And the video of Tom's wedding before they sung "Crashed the wedding" :'D hahaha that made me giggle.

    I hope they release it on DVD, I'd love to relive it. :D

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked that there was more Busted songs! Awww it was all so good wasn't it? Yeah they are releasing a DVD! xo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig