12 May 2014

Beauty | NARS Copacabana Illuminator

You know those products that you take a bit of a risk on, but then fall in love with after first use? Yep, this is the one for me! Despite the price tag (which isn't too bad at £22) I took the splurge on my second NARS product. Whilst watching a video from Hannah Maggs, she said that she loves the NARS Copacabana Illuminator and after a bit of research around the ol' blogger-sphere, I figured out that this could be used in more ways than one. That is a good enough reason to buy it, isn't it?

As Hannah mentioned in her video, she loves to mix this in with her foundation and that is definitely what I have found a love for too. I just either apply the product mixed in with my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum or I simply work it in afterwards - either way you still get a beautiful result. Once the pearlescent liquid is buffed in, it completely 'illuminates' the complexion and leaves me feeling and looking glowing - something that I love. People have even commented on how glowing my skin looks - which must mean that it's working! However, if you don't want to revamp your entire complexion, a couple of dots of this worked into the highest points of the face and it works amazing as a highlight. Or perhaps a light coat of it across the lids to brighten the eyes?

This is now a staple in my makeup routine and I notice a difference to my skin when I don't use it - I feel as if it completely brightens up your face. Have your tried to mix a highlighter into your foundation? Would you like to give this a try? Let me know in the comments below, thanks for reading! 


Check out my May Advertiser - GianniC
Share:

63 comments

  1. Megan as soon as I saw your tweet saying you were blogging about a product that gives you a glow I KNEW it would be this. I bought it too, also inspired by Hannah Maggs and her radiant complexion! Isn't it incredible?? I'm a highlighter junkie, and this is absolute favourite :)
    Love Kate xx
    prettylittleus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah yay!! It's amazing, absolutely in love with it! xo

      Delete
  2. I was swatching this the other day and so tempted to buy it, think I need to now!

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so beautiful! I really want to try it now <3

    Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth swatching next time you see it!

      Delete
  4. This looks beautiful, i have a similar one from revlon which i mix in with foundation and it leaves such a lovely healthy glow on the skin :)

    I will have to check this out and cococabana as i love the way hannahs skin looks too!

    Frankie Boo Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I love mixing it in! Hannah's skin is always flawless!

      Delete
  5. This looks lovely :) Too bad I'm so oily I have to stay away from anything that gives a glow :/

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely obsessed with highlighters at the minute and mixing them into my foundation is one of my favourite parts of my makeup routine. It gives such a great finish and works so well if you're super tired to make you look awake. haha.

    XO, G from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everytime I try and buy this it is always sold out so I gave up trying to find it! Must try and get my mitts on it again after reading this. Lori xx

    www.loris-lookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has a nice sheer look to it, gorgeous! If I hadn't recently bought MAC lustre drops to illuminate/bronze for the summer, i'd be super tempted to buy this!
    xxx

    http://tasxxx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like it would be such a pretty product! So tempted to try it! x

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This product looks beautiful, yet another NARS product to add to my wish list.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to try this when I get paid haha!

    Hannah Rose// Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I often mix Benefit's high beam into my foundation and it gives a lovely finish, this looks gorgeous too though! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD | ASOS or Feelunique £25 Voucher Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so clever, I'd never thought of it! My skin often looks quite dull and I think mixing the highlighter in with my foundation could definitely make a big difference. Always up for a multi-purpose product! Great post xx

    http://izzbizzz.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've wanted this for ages after seeing Hannah Maggs use it to! Looks so gorgeous! Oh i think i'm definitely going to have to pick this up for my holidays now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bought this to after seeing hannah maggs uses this! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no! I'm a magpie when it comes to highlighters. I need this in my life!
    I currently use the L'Oreal Lumi Magique mixed in with my foundation to give me a glow, but this just looks beyond words! xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want this SO badly and you've somehow made it look even more beautiful in the picture. It's so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never really understood highlighters until recently but I love them now. This looks absolutely beautiful as well!
    Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks gorgeous! x

    www.processbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need a good highlighter and I've been searching for something that gives me a glowy dewy complextion all over! This might be the product I've been searching for because I have yet to find a foundation that completely fits the bill.

    xx
    www.thestyleduckling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always swatch this when I'm at Sephora, it's so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the review and tips! This illuminator looks great.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've just discovered your blog and just wanted to say that it is beautiful! Good work girlie!
    I haven't used this before but it looks like a great buy, so I may have to invest!

    Emma | DollfaceBlogs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Emma, that means a lot <3 xo

      Delete
  24. Great post, thank you for the review! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin, GFC and Google+. If you ever have a chance to look at my blog I would be delighted, thanks! :)

    cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure sweets, hope you enjoy! xo

      Delete
  25. It sounds lovely but I don't think I could swap it for my HighBeam, I'm too emotionally attached haha!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried High Beam but it looks laaaarvelly! xo

      Delete
  26. I'm a complete highlighter junkie and a Nars fan so this is complete heaven for me! I nearly caved and brought this in Space NK last week, but I restrained!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like such a beautiful product. Can't wait to get my hands on it! :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've had my eye on this for so long!!! Hannah Maggs made this zoom to the top of my wishlist. Great post lovely xx

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, such an enabler! Thank you sweets. xo

      Delete
  29. Oh wow this looks incredibly beautiful, I may have a look at this if they have it next time I'm at a counter.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't own any nars products but goodness me, this is gorgeous. This may end up being my first ever nars product!
    Lovely review! Kirsty ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my 2nd and I'm in love, I want more! xo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig