15 July 2014

Beauty | #ProjectBareAll - Confidence Without Makeup



Well, there it is. There's a photograph of me with zero make-up on and no editing, baring my spots, scars and all. I could have easily waited a couple of days until my skin had cleared, but I wanted to show how, like many people, I get spots too! I don't think we realise just how similar we all are, I mean, I too have a double-chin when I accidentally open the front camera from a downwards angle on Snapchat... Anyway, I didn't want to post this without including a picture of myself completely face naked, as today I want to discuss how we should embrace the skin that we were born in, and that we don't need make-up to feel good about ourselves.

My Story // I've loved make-up for as long as I can remember, even in my 'too much foundation, too much eyeliner' phase when I was younger. I've always loved applying it and learning about how it can transform your face. But I soon started to realise something, I was beginning to rely on make-up to make me feel good about myself and confident with who I was. If my boyfriend stayed over, I would wake up before he did and get myself sorted and put make-up on. If I had to make a quick run to the corner shop, I'd put make-up on. If I had to get up early and take the dogs out, I'd put make-up on. Whether it was a full face or just foundation and mascara, I just couldn't leave the house without something covering up my skin. I quickly began to notice that I felt so uncomfortable in public when I didn't wear make-up and I knew that needed to change. So here's a couple of my thoughts on the matter. I want you, reading this, to realise just how beautiful you are and you don't need make-up to let that show.


The Inside // The change to feel a lot more confident about yourself without make-up definitely needs to start from within; You need to trigger something in your mind to begin to think more positively about yourself. It is one of the most hardest things to do, and it is certainly not an over night thing, but positive thinking is key. It's crazy to think that you are the only person in the world who looks exactly like you and you are your own person - isn't that mental? Everyone is so beautifully different and you should completely and utterly take that thought and embrace it as much as you can, feel blessed to be you. Ignore the heavily photoshopped girls that you see in magazines and everywhere else in the media; They don't portray a real person and they shouldn't fool your mind into thinking that that's what you need to aspire to be, because you don't! It's also very important to learn to disregard what people think. If you were to walk down the street with no make-up on, I guarantee you that 90% of people wouldn't bat an eyelid. Nowadays, I think that people appreciate the girls that have the confidence to walk outside au natural in an ever-judging world... If there's one thing I hate about my face, it's my nose. I've forever joked about getting a nose job and deleted 80% of pictures that I've taken purely because of how my nose looks. But one day I just woke up and thought to myself, 'sod it', who cares if my nose is a little bit big. But the funny this is, any time I'd mention it to someone, they would say that they 'hadn't noticed' which made me think; If I was to wear no make-up, would people notice? Yes, yes they would. But would they care? Probably not. People don't care for what you look like (and if they do, please ignore them), they care for the beautiful human being inside and if you radiate that through positive vibes, you'll begin to see your confidence grow ten times over. Realise your worth, recognise how strong you are and let it shine.

The Outside // It's a lot less important that the inside, but I wouldn't have had the confidence to go outside make-up free if I never began looking after my skin properly. Investing in a good and thorough skincare routine and drinking plenty of water really does help the appearance of your skin. Even if it's just doing the basic cleanse, tone and moisturise. It's little steps like this that will aid you in feeling more confident and eventually those small steps can help change your mind into thinking in a more positive way. 


I'm still not 100% but I'd love for you to join me in the journey for being confident without make-up on and upload any make-up free pictures you have of yourself to Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #ProjectBareAll. Let's all feel beautiful in the skin we're in and show the world how confident us women can be and that we don't need make-up to feel good. This is such a huge post for me, so I'd love to know your comments down below. It really does make me a million times nervous to be putting my naked face on the internet. Thank you so much for reading.



Check out my July Advertiser -  Jasmine Mcrae
Share:

36 comments

  1. Megan.. You look amazinggggg without make-up! Wow! I am similar to you.. I used to wear make-up every day without fail but I have started to bare all more lately.. I still wear make-up daily though but that's because I really enjoy wearing it. I do look better with a full face of make-up but I don;t mind not wearing it as much now xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan!! Props for you for doing this! You look amazing without make up and more girls need to take note that we all look amazing with or without make up. What we see in magaznies and online sometimes isn't real.
    Lola xx
    www.lolaslittlewonders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so amazing with or without make up! I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to post a photo of my naked face!
    x

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous without makeup lovely. I totally know what you mean about relying so much in makeup and feeling uncomfortable in public without it. Sometimes I thought it was just me but it's encouraging to read that other girls are the same too. X

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project, you look gorgeous!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely post, and you look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely know what you feel like, I think I've started to rely more and more on makeup. I'm going to try and wear it much less this summer! I'll definitely hashtag it on Instagram too! You look so beautiful without makeup, and I love that you're encouraging girls to feel the same way without makeup! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing and I'm in absolute awe of you. I posted my Make-Up Free Selfie on my blog a few months back but I don't think I'd be able to do it again, with a proper camera where you could see all my skin issues :( props to you girl!!! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are beautiful! What a great post ♥

    www.lani-loves.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post! You look amazing! xx

    www.georginaamariee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an inspiring post Megan, you're absolutely beautiful inside and out! xx

    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post! And you look amazingly stunning without makeup :-) x

    Nnedi / iamncxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post! You look stunning without makeup!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous! Before you posted this I'd taken photos this morning of myself bare faced cos I want to show the effects a certain facemask has on my skin so it's a before photo. Might then do this too. Personally I have never caked myself in makeup and it's actually rare for me to leave the house with any on! I prefer how I look without make up, even when my skin is spotty, cos foundation just makes it look worse on me! Not wearing foundation at all for the past year has made me skin much nicer than it ever was! Maybe I'm just a scruff though :P

    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very inspiring post. I loved your reading your thoughts. Your look beautiful in the photograph! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look incredible without makeup, I try to do it as often as possible to give my skin a breather - and also because I am super lazy as well! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the post, you look lovely without make up x

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. one of my favourite posts ever, you are so naturally stunning!

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are such a gorgeous girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are absolutely beautiful! The makeup isn't necessary, natural beauty all the way! I love your blg though! xx

    http://foxysight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Recently, my no make up confident has disappeared and rarely leave the house without make up on, your post has truly inspired me to regain my confidence. Thank you for writing such a beautiful post!xx
    pugsandflowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. So so brave of you to do a post like this! I can guarantee not many bloggers have the courage to do something like this and hopefully you can inspire and help them to gain confidence in their natural appearance! Well done baby!!! Cant wait to get filming with you mwahh xxxx

    Gianni
    www.giannic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the sound of this project! You look stunning with and without makeup on :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're beautiful without make up on! And I have serious hair envy :) xo

    www.tamsinlilyd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a brave and very gorgeous lady!!! Brilliant post,i completely agree with all of this! I suffered from terrible acne a couple of years ago and i still feel a bit self conscious about that but i am having more make up free days now which does your skin the world of good :) Very inspiring! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post! And you look so lovely :) I had a thing with my nose too but I just think that it's unique and I'd hate to look like a Barbie doll-esque! Such an inspiring post xxx

    everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're very beautiful! I think a lot of girls in this generation, including myself, rely on or have relied on make up for confidence. I've become more confident in my skin over the last year or so and if I feel like having a no make up day, that's exactly what I do and I always feel great for it!
    Don't get me wrong, I still love make up and like yourself, always have, but no make up days are certainly a must nower days :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're so effortlessly beautiful here! I think it's very brave of you to share this picture (: Oh, and your hair is just perfection x

    http://celineavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look amazing without makeup, wish I could look like this if I was going bare! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an inspiring post, thank you for sharing :) It's crazy to think how much of a difference make up can make to how confident you are (I don't like to leave the house without doing my eyebrows!) and I agree that being comfortable without it is important :) Hopefully I'll be taking part in #ProjectBareAll soon xx

    http://bethht.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a great post, i think this is a very important topic. Also congratulations to you for becoming more confident within yourself ! Thankyou for sharing this with us.

    - xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a good post. I can completely relate to it as well. I would always apply a bit of mascara or tinted moisturiser if I was going to the supermarket or down the road but recently I have joined a new gym so always leave the house with no make up and it is so refreshing not to care any more. Plus I think my skin is appreciating the lack of makeup as well! X

    ReplyDelete
  33. You look amazing without make up! I also Love your hair, the colour and style is beautiful. I think this project is fantastic and i will definitely be joining in! x

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is an amazing post! I love the idea of #projectbareall and will definitely be getting involved! :)
    You look gorgeous without makeup :)

    JJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look stunning and I love #projectbareall and the message behind it
    I am definitely going to participate(:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig