2 May 2013

Products worth the hype #1

Sleek Face Contour Kit, Benefit They're Real Mascara and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Today it's all about three certain products that, in my opinion, are worth all the hype that they get from the Blogging and YouTube world. Before I start I just want to reiterate the fact that what works for me may not work for you and vice versa, everyone's different and that's okay! Here's some products that I bought purely due to the hype that surrounds them and personally think that they live up to their name...

Sleek's 'Face Contour Kit' // (read full review here) Now I hadn't seen a overly massive hype with this product, but a lot of YouTubers that I was watching at the time seemed to really rate this, especially Tara from tarmartales. I was uneducated in the art of 'contouring and highlighting' when I received this for Christmas but after trial and error I've finally got the hang of it. I love how contouring can give you a lot more structure & definition and how highlighting gives you that 'healthy glow' everyone seems to wish for. Buy it here.

Benefit's 'They're Real' Mascara // I was lucky enough to get this gem last October for my birthday and it's undeniably up there with the most talked about mascaras in the beauty world. Promising to give you a false lash effect that looks real, this definitely delivers. Even though the plastic wand may sometime put people off, I think this makes my lashes look great. The only downfall being that it's a bit on the pricier side of mascaras, nevertheless it's a fantastic treat for those special occasions! Buy it here.

Collection's 'Lasting Perfection' Concealer //  I don't need to go into detail about this because we all know that this is definitely the most hyped drugstore concealer to ever grace the planet but it's definitely hyped for a reason. This makes my under-eye bags pretty much non existent and my face almost as clear as a whistle all for around £4. Thank you Collection for making this very cheap and cheerful product, myself and the blogging community salute you! Buy it here.

So which hyped up products lived up to their name for you guys? Or infact, which ones didn't? I'll save my opinion on that for another day! Let me know what you think, thanks for reading!

Megan. xo

*Some posts may contain PR/Gifted samples, please read my disclaimer here for further information*
Share:

58 comments

  1. I still haven't got round to trying out the Benefit Mascara! I love the other two though :) definitely worth all the hype they get xx

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you really need to! It's fab! Aren't they just?! xx

      Delete
  2. I love They're Real, definitely worth the hype! I think I may be the only person who hasn't tried the other two though xx

    http://d-is-for.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is! Oh really, try the concealer, you'll love it! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Sleek Face contour kit! It's a great product :)

    Alara x

    http://thevanitylondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually haven't tried any of these!

    xx
    http://thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. The collection concealer is defo worth the hype, it's amazing stuff! I really want to try the they're real mascara, but the price tag is a bit off putting. I'm sure I'd love it but not sure my bank balance will ha ha.
    Megan xx

    maybeitsmeganleigh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just?! The price tag seems to be growing too, there's a free sample in this month's Elle mag! xx

      Delete
  6. I love all of these products! The concealer is my daily one, the contour kit I have been using forever and love and my review of the mascara is going up tomorrow :) hehe. Great post lovely xxo
    theedgeofbeauty7.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. super products!!
    hope u like my purposes as i loved your blog

    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com
    Sergio, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try out that mascara, I keep hearing such great things!
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love all of these :D great choices... the Collection Concealer is my favourite of all time xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Get Real mascara, mine's sadly run out. Seche Vite is another product that for me has massively lived up to the hype x

    http://alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw mine has too *cry*! Oooh really? I'll have to investigate xx

      Delete
  11. I have both the Sleek face contour kit and collection 2000 concealer, definitely worth the hype! I love drugstore products that do the job just as well as really expensive products :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they are! Me too, so much cheaper! xx

      Delete
  12. I want to try the Sleek contour kit, I've heard good things!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I finally got my first They're Real Mascara yesterday (got the mini free with Elle Magazine) I am in love already!! Also love the lasting perfection concealer think mines about to run out! That contour kit looks lovely may have to inves :)

    Katie xx

    http://beautyandthebakerblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaayyyy, it's great isn't it? I've just reinvested in a Collection concealer, they seem to last forever! xx

      Delete
  14. I found for me the mascara dried out wayyyy too quickly and was unusable. maybe I just got a dud bottle...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never even heard about this concealer, MUST try it!

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh itching to try the benefit mascara xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this pot definetly going to have to purchase the contourin kit and give it a go!

    www.itsflashyfash.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  18. Been meaning to try the Sleek palette for ages! Definitely on my next-to-buy list (that I just made up) xxx

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete
  19. These all look like great products, no wonder why they're hyped about! I've got so many hyped up products that I want to try out still!
    Beauty For Thought
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have always wanted to try the Sleek pallet but it is always sold out :(

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Collection concealer and Benefit Mascara - I only got the Mascara last week but i LOVE it :)

    I cannot wait to try the sleek contour kit :)

    Your blog is so pretty & super interesting too - New Follower

    Love Em, from www.dollhousebeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to try that Sleek Contour kit! I'm always on the hunt for a good bronzer/highlighter duo-they completely change your makeup! Great post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely fab! You'll love it xx

      Delete
  23. Collection 2000 concealer really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the contour kit. It's so lovely.

    x Dejhana
    waitealittle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want to try the contour kit and completely love the concealer..
    Hayley xx
    www.beautyrambles.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't think they have Collective in America or rather I haven't seen it. That is one thing that's been so hyped that I really want to try! I heard it's similar to Maybelline FIT me concealer, which I have. Do you think so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh really! I've not tried that one lovely so I can't say! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig