30 April 2013

NE Body Shop Event // What I wore

What I Wore to The Body Shop Newcastle Event

What I Wore The Body Shop Newcastle 
Jeffrey Campbell Thomb Boots


Shirt - Topshop // Chain - Topshop // Bomber Jacket - Ebay // Disco Pant Dupes - Ark // Thomb Boots - Jeffrey Campbell via Karmaloop // Socks - Urban Outfitters

I didn't want to look too 'dressed up' for my first Bloggers Event, but I didn't want to go super casual either. I opted for my beautiful pleated Topshop shirt, a simple gold chain, some shiny shiny pants, my statement bomber and beloved Jeffrey Campbell's. As I had major hair issues, I slopped it all to the top of my head and crossed my fingers that it would look acceptable. I thought it was best to go in something comfortable but I still wanted to look like I'd made some form of effort! In terms of make-up, I chose a subtle neutral smokey eye, lots of contouring and highlighting and Russian Red by MAC on my lips. 

I think I played it safe with this outfit. For my next Bloggers Event I'm definitely going to try and put together something a bit more 'out there'. I've recently decided to start buying a lot more 'daring' pieces and purchase stuff that I wouldn't usually wear; I really want to broaden my fashion horizons (as well as my never ending wardrobe). So if any of you know of any 'different' online stores apart from your usual Topshop, Urban Outfitters and ASOS, please leave a link as I'd love to have a nosey!

Do you like this outfit? Think I played it safe? Let me know, thanks for reading!

Megan. xo
*Some posts may contain PR/Gifted samples, please read my disclaimer here for further information*
Share:

63 comments

  1. You always look so flawless! I love your shirt & gold chain! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Lizee that's such a lovely thing to say! xx

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous outfit! Those socks are fab! xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that top! And you look gorgeous as always :) By the way, where are you going to uni in september? I am starting too in London or Leeds doing fashion marketing (so along the same lines as you!) xx Em

    www.someoneinthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emilie! I'm going to my local one Teesside :) xx

      Delete
  4. gorgeous outfit!x

    makeupmusicfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit. Have you checked out Monki? They have some great stuff on there and reasonably priced too. x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely - I've heard of them before I'll have to check them out, cheers! xx

      Delete
  6. This is a lovely look :) really like the bomber jacket xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look fantastic!!! Great outfit!!! Only wish I could have seen a little more of the shiny shiny pants!! :) Love the jacket!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Haha I'm sure they'll be in plenty more outfits to come! xx

      Delete
  8. THOSE BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely :) That bomber jacket really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shirt is gorgeous, perfect outfit for a blogger event x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're so pretty!

    olivialways.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeep, love your hair and those shoes! <3 I think this look is totally stylin', I think I always look underdressed at events ha.

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara! Yeah I did I don't know why! xx

      Delete
  13. I loved your outfit! And those shoes.. well, I almost stole them from your feet, haha! You looked lovely : )

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you look great, not overly dressed up but not too casual either...you look flawless

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look gorgeous!! :) love the sock and shoe combo! <3
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute outfit! I think the shoes and socks really completed the outfit ;) Looks great!

    x Gi
    alibimag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the jacket, such a cute look. Take a look at http://www.tigermilly.com/ they are quite 'out there' in terms of style.

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, and thanks for the recommedation! xx

      Delete
  18. Oh my I love your style! What a lovely outfit and makeup choice, absolutely not too safe! xx

    http://toribrownies.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello,i follow you, maybe you can follow back? :)
    http://cocotattoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing look! So beautiful:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi gorgeous! Love your hair!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this oufit :) x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun outfit! Loving those shoes with the sparkly socks and the red lipstick is great! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are such a cutie! I love your bun. ♥

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you!! It's my staple hair do! xx

      Delete
  25. The socks are the perfect finishing touch to this outfit <3

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a gorgeous outfit! Thanks for sending me your link over on twitter :)
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving the highlighting. Which product did you use for it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beka, the Sleek Contour Kit! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig