18 February 2013

Review: Sleek's 'Face Contour Kit'

Sleek Contour Kit in Light

Sleek Contour Kit in Light


200 followers. Erm... what? Erm... THANKS. I can't believe that in October last year I started this blog as 'something to do' whilst I took a gap year out of education and now I'm blogging as a hobby up to 3 times a week. Crazy! It definitely wouldn't be possible without you wonderful people reading this right now, so a big smacking kiss on the cheek from me! Today's post is a review of a product I received for Christmas and has now well and truly earned the status of a 'Holy Grail' product. I give you, the Sleek Contour Kit...

I remember watching YouTubers like Tara from Tar Mar and Nicole Guerriero and I noticed that they always 'contoured' in their make-up routines, and I was like 'what?'. I did my background research and learnt that contouring is a technique used to make your face appear slimmer and to define your cheekbones. I was eager to try this out and when my sister asked what I would like for Christmas, I pointed her in the direction of this little beauty, of which by that time I'd heard so many people talk about.

The product comes in three shades; Light, Medium and Dark. In the little travel-friendly kit you get a dark, matte pressed powder which is your contouring product. I use my Real Techniques 'Multi-Task Brush' (from the travel essentials set here) to apply this. I simply get some product on to my brush, tap off the excess, do da-duck-face and glide the powder just under my cheekbones. Being a really pigmented powder, you don't need a great deal and most of the time, one swipe is enough to get your desired effect. It gives an amazing sculpted and defined cheekbone 'illusion' that was only slightly visible before and really does slim down the face. I also bring the product up into my temples and ever so slightly onto my jawline to create a shadow and add more dimension to my face. In the other half of the compact, you get a illuminating highlighter powder which is a ever so slightly shimmery pearl shade. With a clean brush I sweep over the powder and dust onto the apples of my cheeks, down the center of my nose and above my cupids bow. When the light reflects off these highlighted areas it gives your face a beautiful, yet natural and really healthy glow. I love that both the powders are really pigmented, meaning that a little goes a long way and it is going to last forever. Even though I own the lightest shade it is fairly dark, so if your my skin colour or even a tad darker I would still recommend going for the 'Light' shade as like I said, the colour pay off is excellent. The only downside I can say is the packaging; Even though it's small and handbag-size this is the type of packaging that gets dirty incredibly easily and is in constant need of a good wipe. Overall Rating: 9/10.

Do you own this product? What products do you contour with? Let me know, thanks for reading!


Megan. xo
Share:

57 comments

  1. Makes your face look so nice! Right now I'm using the Bourjois Chocolate bronzer for contouring xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coco, I've heard great things about that too! xx

      Delete
  2. i have this! i agree tho... even the light is pretty dark. sleek are such a fav makeup brand of mine tho... love their blush by 3 palettes.

    p.s thank u for all ur comments on my blog... i've replied to them but i was looking for a twitter account for u but i can find one? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it? I haven't tried them but I really want to! xx

      Delete
  3. My Mum bought this and I always used to steal it off her! Loved it - great post :-) I've followed you!
    xx
    http://cocomykel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Mum has great taste ha! Thanks my lovely xx

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing!! Congrats on 200 followers by the way!Xx

    http://lucycole.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely on you! Great colour.

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your skin looks lovely! Where can I buy the 'Sleek' range from?

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought this and considering the price thought it was amaaaaazing!. It's such a staple piece for a make up bag too!


    www.bronkyy.blogspot.co.uk

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so cheap! Yes, definitely! xx

      Delete
  8. I have this it just doesn't work for me, I have to use Nars Laguna or other bronzers then an additional highlighter. I have no idea why it comes out badly on me. Looks fab on you x x

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's such a shame! I've heard amazing things about Nars Laguna, I would love to purchase it at some point! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the 200 followers! This contour kit looks like a must have, and such a bargain! I need this in my life!xx
    <a href="http://zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/“>ZoeyInWonderland</a>

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this looks incredible! really subtle - yet it does the job! your skin looks amazing too!! :) congrats on 200 followers girl!! you deserve them all - plus more!!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on 200 followers! :) thanks for this post - been wondering whether to get it or not! probably will now haha
    http://iamcollecting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this palette its so pretty :) it looks gorgeous on you too!!

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of the rare products I have actually hit pan on! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! I probably will I use it every day xx

      Delete
  14. i've never tried this but i wanted to, it looks so good on you! congrats on 200.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks great on your skin! Think I need to try it since you have given it such a good rating! X

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try as it doesn't break the bank! Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  16. I love this and it looks so good on you!
    congrats on reaching 200 followers (hopefully i'll get there soon haha) xx

    elinlikes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's a bit dark for my skintone but looks beautiful on your skin! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks good! Congrats on 200 followers! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. been meaning to buy this for months, I'm a bit of a contouring addict ha! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. this looks amazing...I'll have to buy it

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. what an amazing result. i wish i could by sleek products where i live. i would pick it up right now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the result this gives very natural yet ever so pretty great post loved it !! x

    http://krystelcouture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a great product! I really like your blog, so lovely! I'm now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on 200 followers Megan! I really want to try this but since I have so much makeup I`ll probably end up ordering it for my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your skin looks amazing, contouring does indeed do wonders!
    You have such a lovely blog as well so I followed xo

    Hosting a giveaway on my blog, if you'd like to check it out & enter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is really cool! No problem and than you very much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've heard so much about this contour kit, defo gonna invest after reading this haha. Great post, following your blog now :)

    fab-fashionology.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Oh wow, it really is worth it! x

      Delete
  28. I love this contour kit!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've added your button to my site :) love the blog.

    bekasbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    Beka xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig