21 February 2013

Newcastle Haul - Topshop, MAC & more.

Topshop Mint Cable Knit Jumper
Miss Selfridge Blue Knitted Pinafore
Topshop Pink Floral Crop Top

Topshop Denim Circle Skirt
MAC Russian Red Lipstick and Desert Rose Blush
Topshop Playsuit
Yesterday I ventured into Newcastle City Centre with my boyfriend for a bit of retail therapy. We first of all stopped off at Taybarn's for dinner which was amazing, it's an all-you-can-eat but has loads of food such as a carvery, curries, pizzas, salads and much more. Then off to Eldon Square we went with an intention of strictly buying clothes, but with not having a MAC in my town meant that I just couldn't help myself...

Boucle Pinafore Dress // £32 - Miss Selfridge
Lace Crop Tee // £15 - Topshop
Green Knitted Crop Jumper // £30 - Topshop
MOTO Acid Wash Swing Skirt // £28 - Topshop
Russian Red Lipstick // £14 - MAC
Desert Rose Powder Blush // £17.50 - MAC
Pastel Animal Crop Shirt // 99p - via eBay

I know I'm totally contradicting myself as I said I don't usually buy much from Topshop, but I'd saved up money in a little tin so a splurge was acceptable. The acid wash skirt is such a staple piece that I'm going to wear constantly and it looks uber cute with the lace crop. I'd picked up this minty jumper so many times yet never bought it, and now, it's allllllll mine. The boucle pinafore is like nothing else I have in my wardrobe, therefore I needed it (or so I tell myself)... After hours of walking around I waltzed into MAC and my eyes met the Lipstick stand with excitement. As it's my favourite colour to wear, I went for Russian Red due to it's matte finish and the great reviews I've read. I also picked up a blush as, believe it or not, I don't even own a blush at the minute. The last time I had blush on my face, it made me look about 6 so I threw it out. But when the right amount of this burnt-pink shade is applied lightly to my cheeks it look's really lovely. Finally, my amazing eBay find. 99p for a shirt, you just can't go wrong. Especially when it's pastel and has little animals on it; I bought it solely to wear under dungarees and this old acid-wash playsuit as I love layering and it's too darn cyooooot. 

Do you like what I purchased? Which is your favourite? Also, do you like seeing the items on me, or on a hanger? Let me know, thanks for reading!

Megan. xo
Share:

71 comments

  1. I love the jumper xx

    elinlikes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute jumper! Looks great with the skirt.

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mint jumper is gorgeous and looks so nice with your denim skirt. I love your lace crop top too. Great haul. I bet you can't wait to wear it all x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the clothes, good choice! x

    makeupmusicfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the skirt!

    filthyfashi0n.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the mint green jumper! lovely post :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im loving the jumper it looks so pretty :)

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mint jumper is perfect for this season... and you'll have to review the blusher etc so I know if I should invest in one ...and oh the eBay shirt is so cute and such a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omggg so jealous makes me wanna go shopping!
    I like to see things on the person :) Always looks different than on the hanger:)

    Hope you had a great time!
    Emilie xx


    emiliethehackett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all the purchases! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a gorgeous figure, I looove that jumper. Pastel-fantastic!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Russian red is such a good colour...it lasts for hours! We love that mint jumper...its gorgeous! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad, I need a long lasting lippy! Thanks! xx

      Delete
  13. you have no idea how much i need to go on a splurge right now. i want new clothes.
    i love the colour of the jumper, the sort of minty green. really cute


    https://v-is-for-visual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man I'm so jealous of everything you got haha. I've wanted a mint sweater like that for ages and I've had my eye on that denim skirt too. I also really want to go to Newcastle (well I've been to the airport but that doesn't count) as I saw it from the train when I went from Edinburgh to London and it looked so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks lovely! Yeah it is great, I love going, such a change from where I live! xx

      Delete
  15. Such lovely buys, very spring time:). I love the jumper, what a gorgeous colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was going for ha! Thank you xx

      Delete
  16. you got some beautiful things, love the jumper/skirt combo on you! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the denim skirt. Where is the pinafore from in the last photo??
    X

    fashiondotty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a playsuit from Topshop about a year and half ago! xx

      Delete
  18. Your jumper is soooo beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are all Beauttt .. Very Jel of your haul.
    I think they deff look better on you rather than the hanger its nice to be able to see the shape.
    Im too scared to post me on my blog most of the time haha.
    Love it.
    Alex ox.

    http://champagneandlemonadeox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! You should silly! xx

      Delete
  20. Gorgeous pieces love love love them all xxx

    New follower :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. that jumper is such a beautiful colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love everything you purchased especially that skirt- it's gorgeous!!

    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow. wirklich schöne outfits *_*

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adore the jumper and it looks so good with the skirt! X

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. The green knitted jumper is sooo pretty! I have a very similar one from Asos xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. aaah that ebay animal shirt is so cute!! i love it! and that mint green colour is my favorite! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like you had a really lovely time!
    Awww the 99p find from ebay is amazing, so cute!
    you picked up such lovely pieces and they all go so well together. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. The swing skirt is gorgeous! Just found your blog, now following! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the Mac lipstick that you bought I am so jealous I really need to by this one

    http://blackandwhitesheeps.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the dress and the blush! SO my favorite color!!
    xx
    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jumper is so beautiful, love that colour;}X

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute outfit-the mint jumper works so well with the skirt. A bit of pastel is always a good idea :)

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. This colour looks lovely on you! Cannot wait for spring to wear pastel clothing xo

    Prettyandtasty-Ly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. Newcastle is so good for shopping!I live there and feel so lucky!
    Love MAC lipsticks! nothing can beat them!
    www.buttonsandlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love it, I'm so jealous! I think I'm becoming addicted! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig