24 February 2013

Review: Schwarzkopf's 'Got2b' Range

Got2B Product Range


Hello gorgeous people! Well, after I kinda slagged off the Schwarzkopf 'Got2b' Powder'ful in this review here, I was extremely surprised when the company who take care of the range sent me a lovely e-mail. As I had lost faith in the range after my bad experience, they ever-so-kindly asked me if I'd be interested in trying out some other products from the range to see if they'd fulfill my needs. Seems as though big, voluminous hair is what I'm trying to achieve, I welcomed the offer with open arms and here's how I got on.
Here's what I received:
Guardian Angel* // £4.05
Sexy Big Volume Mousse* // £4.05
Sexy Collagen Lift Effect Hairspray* // £4.05
Oil-licious Styling Oil* // £4.05

Like I've mentioned previously, I'm not a massive hair product user, so I can't begin to describe how excited I was over receiving these products. The first product I tried was the Heat Defence Spray. Before using this I realised how much I've been neglecting my poor little head as despite the constant blow drying and occasional curling, I've never even used a heat protector before. Slap my hand, I know. I sprayed this all over my barnet after towel-drying and began to blow-dry. I didn't notice a massive difference apart from the fact that it did take slightly less time to dry my hair, which is definitely a bonus! What I find incredible is that this protects your hair up to 220 degrees, which means I can protect it against my curling wand too. I suppose I'll notice a bigger difference in the general quality of my hair after a couple more weeks. The next time I washed my hair I used the styling oil. This was probably the product I was excited about most as I've heard so much in the blogging community about oils and what a difference they can make to your hair. With one pump's worth, I rubbed it into my fingers and then through the ends of my damp hair and what a difference it made. After drying, the ends of my hair were silky smooth, a massive difference from their usual knotty and difficult texture. This makes a very cheap alternative to the likes of Moroccan Oil! The only downside is that I have to wash my hands straight after I've applied it, the greasy and oily sensation is not pleasant. The last product I used was the hairspray and it's probably my favourite. I first used this after I'd curled my hair; I flicked my head upside down and sprayed away. The first thing I noticed was the amazing smell, it's not your usual get-it-in-your-mouth-feel-sick type of smell (although I don't recommend putting it in your mouth, obviously) it reminds me of raspberries and is very fruity! I was really pleased that when I ran my fingers through my curls I wasn't finding it too difficult, as other hairsprays have made my hair stiff as a board. Along with that, the product has amazing staying power and kept my curls at exactly the right drop the whole night. BIG THUMBS UP! Unfortunately, I'm not a mousse type of person so I can't share my thoughts with you but if it's anything like the other products, it's a good'un! Schwarzkopf are now back in my good books. Overall Rating: 7/10

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts? Let me know, thanks for reading!

Megan. xo
Share:

20 comments

  1. oooh they sound amazing! i hate the smell of most hairsprays - its rare to find one that actually smells good! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I was like aahhmaahhgaaad when I smelt this! xxx

      Delete
  2. I have the hairspray and I LOVE the smell! It's probably the nicest smelling hair product I have. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hairspray sounds lush! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got on better with these hair products. The heat protector sounds great and I might give it a go x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reviews honey! I've seen this heat protector on so many YouTube videos I've been dying to try it! I neeeeeed to smell this hairspray too, it sounds ahhhmazimg xxx


    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet. It's gorgeous, I love spraying it! xxx

      Delete
  6. I'm yet to try any of these! May have to give them a try! :D

    HannahMarieBeauty.Blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really brilliant and pretty cheap! xx

      Delete
  7. That styling oil sounds awesome! I have enough Moroccan Oil to last the rest of the year but this is definitely a product I'd consider after it ran out!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, definitely consider it as I know Moroccan Oil is so expensive! xx

      Delete
  8. I tried the guardian angel and it made my hair feel really vile and greasy but my mum and sister love it! Must be my hair type!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's such a shame, it's been doing pretty well on my hair! xx

      Delete
  9. thats so nice of em to send you their products, it must be all the great reviews you do! Love your new blog layout

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a confession. For a long time I didn't use heat protection! But my hairdresser was for ever giving me grief! Ha. I've started using this actually, and I'm not really sure if I am suppose to notice any difference, or if it is one of those products that is just beneficial for my hair. Loved your post, was great to read your experience of it :) x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Has the got2b2sexy mousse in the red can been discontinued. I tried the mousse in the gold can, but it is not near as good as the red can and it has a terrible smell. If it hasn't been discontinued where can I find it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig