22 October 2015

Beauty | A Complete Illamasqua Base

My bank card and I had little bit of an accident when I went in to an Illamasqua store last week, but hey, you know, it's okay. Why? Because it was completely worth it...

I've dabbled ever-so slightly in Illamasqua products before, but never enough to go into a store and have a 'proper' browse around. My first mission was simple, Skin Base Foundation (£32.50). I went over to the insanely beautiful assistant and asked what the finish of the base was, to which she replied that it was a 'demi-matte' but still leaves the skin glowy. I asked if she would shade match me and she kindly did to the shade S08. Let's just say I asked her to put one behind the counter straight away. When I got home it was love at first use, the product is build able and leaves your skin looking beautiful whilst lasting all day long. A lot better than any of my previous foundations.

I then went over to the primers and scoured the three options. The larger tub, set in the middle of the triplets just stood out to me. Their newly launched Radiance Veil (£32) is shimmery, but not glittery, just enough to leave a glow on the skin. Under the foundation is adds luminosity and would also look beautiful worn by itself on a more chilled day. The pot is ginormous, so definitely a product that will keep for a while. I was set on these two products until I got to the till point where the lady told me there was an offer on to get a concealer too at a cheaper price. Obviously I went for it, there was no going back. The Skin Base Lift concealer is creamy and easy to blend, despite being in a solid cream form and can cover both blemishes and under eye circles. 

Well I think I'm on to a complete winner with this trio, I am OBSESSED already. I wish there was a counter closer to me so that I could browse more often, I'm smitten by their ethos and love that they dare to go bold. Let me know if you've tried these products and what your thoughts are - thanks for reading! 
Megan. xo
Check out my October advertiser - Loveable Vogue!

- SHOP THIS POST -

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig