31 July 2014

Monthly Round Up | July



Life | I spent the first couple of days of the month in sunny, sunny Tenerife, but I think you're probably sick of hearing about that by now!  However, major holiday blues are still occurring. This month as I've had a little bit more spare time, I'd set myself a little challenge to do something different and bake more, I recreated Vivianna's 'Cookie Monster' recipe and they were absolutely delicious. I've also been eyeing up a lot of recipe's over on Helen's Blog, she bakes the most delicious treats, search for the amazing cookie dough sandwiches! I also bought my 21st birthday dress even though my birthday isn't until October (oh, me!) but my dream dress went in the sale and only my size was left, I consider that as fate, don't you? You'll have to wait another few months to see it but trust me, it's a beauty! I should enlist myself as a Disney Princess right now...

Blog | The most exciting thing that's happened to me this month is that I've been shortlisted in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards again this year, this time in the 'Best Established Beauty Blog' category - which still seems nuts to me! I've said it a trillion times but thank you so much, it wouldn't of happened without you who reads my blog! I also launched my own make-up free confidence campaign called #ProjectBareAll, if you haven't joined in yet, where have you been? Upload that make-up free selfie and join the hashtag! I'm so happy that it's worked out so well. I also purchased some new equipment (a new camera and MacBook to be exact) which means that I can get some high quality photos up on here and it also means that I can film plenty more YouTube videos! Yay! Make sure you subscribe as a lot more content will be coming your way!


So pretty exciting month for me all round. I really feel that the book, 'The Secret' has helped me out a lot this month, I'm thinking so much more positively and the results are amazing. You'll know exactly what I mean if you've read it. Let me know what you've been up to this month and what your favourite posts were!


Check out my July Advertiser -  Jasmine Mcrae
Share:

11 comments

  1. Always love reading your posts :)! I also tried Viviana's Cookies (with a few tweaks) and they were delish! I am just wondering would you have any tips on buying a good camera? (I would like to invest in one over the next few months but I'm totally clueless) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an exciting month, and if the perfect Princess dress comes along, you just have to buy it! H xx

    www.hopesgone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw so proud of you for how things are turning out! Onwards and upwards! :D

    Ya boy Gianni xx
    www.giannic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful month lovely :) Good luck with the Cosmo Awards *fingers crossed* I need to start baking tooooo! But I imagine setting my kitchen on fire and it puts me off! I keep meaning to post my project bare all post, must do that this weekend :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've voted for you, you definitely deserve to take home that Cosmo Award and I can't wait to see you at the awards! xx

    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still jealous of that beautiful tan of yours! I really want to read The Secret...

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so so soooooo hope you win the award - you really do deserve it xxx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great round up - I was in Tenerife for the first few days of the month too! I flew home on the 3rd. Hope you had a great time :)
    I started following your blog this month (despite having you on Twitter for ages, weird). It's such a shame you didn't like the new Bourjois liquid lipsticks, I adore them!

    Shannon Rebecca | Fashion and Beauty blogger & YouTuber <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so pretty! lovely post, just followed your blog :)

    Written with style
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tenerife is a country i had never heard of till this weekend and now you are the 3rd person to talk about it ha! How weird/funny!

    Congrats on the shortlist. I got into the Top 5 Beauty and Lifestyle blogs in Australia for a big news comp which was awesome! Yay to shortlisting ;)

    L x
    www.skeeterandscout.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig