2 August 2014

Skincare | Micellar What?!

































Although I'm a self-confessed skincare fanatic who just cannot get enough of moisturisers, serums and exfoliants, I know that there are a lot of people out there who are probably sat thinking 'erm, what?'. Today I thought I'd introduce to those people who don't know what they are, to 'Micellar Waters'. I didn't know what a micellar water was until Bioderma came on the scene last year, but I've tried a fair few now so here's a little lowdown made simple.

Micellar Waters are essentially a water based make-up remover that have a couple of chemicals chucked in. They are a great way to remove the bulk of your make-up before you go in with a cleanser to cleanse your skin. I'm no skincare expert, but please do not rely on these alone to clean your skin - they do not work deep enough to give your skin a proper cleanse. I've shared my love for the L'Oreal Purifying Micellar Water many a time on my blog and rightfully so; It retails at just under a fiver and works well at removing make-up. My love has taken to a different product as of recent, which is the Eucerin Micellar Cleansing Fluid (not to be used as your main cleanser). Despite being twice the price, I think that this water lifts and removes make-up easier than L'Oreal. It's brilliant for sensitive skin as it doesn't irritate and doesn't leave your skin feeling dry at all, as some people find happens with these kind of products. In a nutshell, Micellar Waters are a great first step to have in your routine to remove the initial bulk of your dirt and/or make-up off.

I obviously can't forget about Bioderma - another amazing product which I've had the joy of trying and would love to stock up on again soon. Let me know if this has shed some light on these things and if you use Micellar Waters in your routine. I'd love to know which ones you use and if you've tried any that I've featured. Let me know in the comments - thanks for reading! 


Check out my August Advertiser - Ashka
Share:

23 comments

  1. I'm really into Micellar Water as an alternative to makeup wipes, it's just as quick and simple but with a better result. The L'Oreal one is nice but I found it a bit too harsh to be used around the eyes, the Garnier one is a great alternative. Both brands also offer eye makeup removers as part of the collection, when used together they really compliment a micellar water.

    Such a great post, with new beauty products like this often people will avoid trying them out because they don't know what they are or what they're used for.

    Jade | skinsweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do you get them straws from?! been looking for them everywhere :O. Lovely post swell

    Fran x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't have the patients to spend 20 minutes on my skin every evening! But you all have such lovely skin that I think I'm going to start having to

    xx
    www.thestyleduckling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i havent tried a micellar water yet. must give it a go! always scared to try a new product, breakouts have been AWFUL lately!
    xx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised I'd never really heard of miscellar waters - but then again I'm one of those people that doesn't really pay too much attention to skincare, to the disappointment of my skin! Ha but they do sound tempting, especially the Eucerin one, that brand does really amazing stuff x

    Tania | thearistochats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to use the Loreal one all the time until Garnier brought out their own version, similar in price but the bottle is huge (double in size). Love using miscellaneous water to take off my eye makeup!
    Beautywithcharm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using a nivea one at the moment but will be tryng garnier next my friends have all said such brilliant things about it

      Delete
  7. Have you tried the B. Pure Micellar Water? It's amazing and very affordable at £2.47 in Superdrug. :) Great post, I'll be sure to check out these micellar waters you've recommended too. xx

    Beauty In My Mind

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love micellar waters. Adoring Bioderma at the moment.

    Katie x and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the big version of the Bioderma and it's still lasting - I love it! xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've used the L'oreal micellar water and found it irritated my skin, I wasn't really impressed with it to be honest

    Jorden x http://fourbluemondays.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried this type of product before, I'm always wary of changing skincare because my skin usually protests with a massive breakout! I've always wanted to try the Eucerin products though, think this will be the first one I try :) Great post!

    xxx

    http://www.maisymeow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard good things about Eucerin! I want to try their other products too. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous photo's Megan! I love Micellar Water but no other brand comes close to Bioderma for me and my dry skin xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love these because they just make removing makeup so easy! My favourite is the Garnier one as it's a huge bottle and is super cheap! It also doesn't feel drying on my skin at all.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard so many good things about the Garnier one. I haven't yet tried one out though x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love using micellar waters to remove my make-up before I do a deep cleanse.. I've tried the L'Oreal version before but I've now switched to the Garnier one, which I much prefer. Such a great idea for a post lovely! xx
    wwww.natashaparisblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for clearing up what these even are! Seen so many reviews and I've been like huh?! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Bioderma micellar water they are really good to remove your make-up without being harsh on your skin <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Huge fan of Micellar Waters, they're super handy :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never heard of the brand Eucerin before so thanks for sharing :) I also really want to try the Bioderma range x

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE love Micellar water. I love the Bioderma one but just got sent the Garnier one so will be interesting to see if there is a difference. It works miracles on sensitive skin :)

    L x
    www.skeeterandscout.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig