17 May 2015

Beauty | A Mini John Lewis Haul

Vouchers are amazing things aren't they? I picked up a John Lewis one so thought that I would treat myself to some new beauty bits and a fragrance (post coming soon!) and seems though I haven't shared a haul in a long time I'll show you what I picked up...

I've lusted after an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (£38) for the longest time, but for a powder the price tag didn't appeal to me one bit. But, voucher in hand I thought it would be the perfect time to pick it up. I opted for the shade 'Diffused Light' after reading Emma's post and learning that it is great for redness and for enhancing the skin - two things I'm not going to say no to. The packaging is beautiful and if I'm honest, I really daren't use it just yet as it looks so flawless and perfect. Anyone else love but hate breaking in new makeup?!

As I love long fluttery lashes both on the top and bottom, I thought I would try out the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara (£13) which is the cutest little bottle I have ever came across - it's teeny! Yet considering the tiny little wand, I have tried it out and it certainly gives the bottom lashes extra length and volume! The miniature wand is so much easier for getting each individual lash and for getting into the top inner corner too. I'm so glad that I picked this one up - I know I'll be getting my fair share of use out of it.

After I'd filled my bag up of things that I know that I definitely wanted, I had around £10 left so I thought I would see if I could add a new brush to my collection. As a spoolie-style brow brush is something that I don't own, the Laura Mercier Brow Grooming Brush (£10.50) fell into my basket. It's nothing amazingly flash, but a necessity in any makeup routine for giving those big brows a good ol' tame. 

So there's a few little bits that I picked up. I also added a new fragrance for my collection but that deserves a separate post by itself as it's a super special one. Let me know if you have any of these products and what your thoughts are or if you are eager to pick any of them up! Thanks for reading!
Check out my May advertiser - The Beauty Baker
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig