18 November 2014

Beauty | Why I'm a Beauty Blender Convert

If you'd have told me a couple of months ago that I'd be using a sponge for foundation application nearly every day, I would have gave you the most northern 'ya what?!' that you'd ever heard. But after discovering the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and now the famously known, cult Beauty Blender, I am 100% converted to the beauty sponge hype. Here's why...

The sponges seem small at first, but once you add water and squeeze out the excess, they almost double in size, making the larger surface able to reach a lot more skin in a smaller time. Even though these are certainly not the quickest form of foundation application, the extra minute or so spent using these is worth it, I always see a difference. I simply dot my foundation of choice around my face and then go ahead stippling the sponge to blend the product out and into the skin. The sponge allows for a seamless look as you get no foundation brush lines, just a flawless canvas for the rest of your makeup. I tend to use the larger part for my foundation and the pointed end for under the eye concealer - a two-in-one indeed! My only fault in these is that I find them super hard to clean, so they don't necessarily have a long lasting life, a bit of a bummer but something I just have to deal with.

Let me know what you like to use for applying your foundation and if you have tried out a beauty sponge. I'd love to know what your thoughts are and whether you think they give a more flawless finish - I know I certainly do! Thanks for reading!


Check out my November Advertiser - Tea Party With Alice
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig