2 September 2013

Hair Care | John Frieda 'Full Repair' Range Review



Let me give you some background about my hair... I've only ever been able to wash my hair every other day due to it getting greasy really quickly. My hair is in great condition on wash day and day two, but by day three it's a mess and in need of washing again. I've tried many different products from many different brands but nothing has been able to make a difference. Until now...

When I received these I really wasn't expecting a miracle as like I said, every brand I've tried hasn't been able to help. The John Frieda 'Hydrate & Rescue' Shampoo* is of a really light and thin consistency and when I first applied it to my hair I didn't think it was going to lather up at all, but it does! I then go ahead with the 'Hydrate & Rescue' Conditioner'* which is a lot thicker and heavier and is a real deep conditioner for my hair. This first made me worry that it would weigh my hair down as my hair if very fine.

After towel drying I've been spraying one spray of the Oil Elixir* into my palms and running it down my hair from the mid-section to the ends. When I finish drying my hair I immeadiately see a difference; It feels as if my old lifeless hair has been transformed into something a lot more smooth and healthy. I've now gone from washing my hair on the third day to the fourth, which has made such an amazing difference! I genuinely can't believe it - I'll definitely be repurchasing when I use these up!



Overall, I've had an extremely pleasant experience with these products - I'm over the moon. I'd definitely recommend these if you especially get greasy hair. Have any hair products completely changed your hair? Let me know in the comments below, thanks for reading!


*These products were sent to me free of charge & for my consideration. All opinions are honest & completely my own.
Share:

45 comments

  1. I'd love to try this range. I generally wash my hair every day. I could possibly wash every other day but half way through the second day my hair will be looking lank and greasy. I've been looking at this range as my ends are damaged from dying. Your review is great though so I think I'll be picking up some of the range next time I need to restock on shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to until I started washing it every other day now every three! It's definitely worth a try as it's changed my hair so much. xxx

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing, I've been looking for something to combat greasy hair for a while now! I would love to give these a try :) Great review!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd find anything - thanks! xxx

      Delete
  3. The previous versions smell sooo delicious! I really liked them so I'm tempted to give this a whirl too. MoroccanOil changed my life!! ;)

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh does it? I'll have to give Moroccan Oil a try! xxx

      Delete
  4. The John Frieda Full Repair line is one of my favourite ranges of hair products, I absolutely love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good :) I'll have to try it out
    Chanelle Jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound really lovely, I really want to try them! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I'll try these out Megan as my hair is the same, day 3 is a bad day! :)

    Love Kate at prettylittleus

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day 3 was bad for me too! Until now ;) xxx

      Delete
  8. My hair is the same! I actually have a few samples of both the shampoo and conditioner but I was afraid to try it. I'm going to use it today now that I've read your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh give it a go and see what you think! xxx

      Delete
  9. oooh these sound great! the only hair products i've used with amazing results are john frieda - i love the brand! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried John Frieda. Maybe now I will! emilyallcott.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suffer with the same problem, I have to wash my hair every other day! I may have to think about purchasing these!

    A FASHION FIX

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the original Full Repair range therefore I'm extremely keen to try the new hydrate version :)

    Amy x
    --A Little Boat Sailing--

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this really sounds amazing!!
    I need to find something for my hair but my problem is the condition of my actually hair its just so dry and frizzy :(
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Desperately wanting to try these, my hair is ruined at the mo xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was so impressed with the full repair range! especially for the price x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I have only tried a hair mask from John Frieda which I wasn't over the moon about but these sounds great!

    xx

    Mlhauken // Beauty, Lifestyle & a bit Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know it's hard, but the longer you put off washing your hair, the better it is and the less greasy it gets in the long run. Honestly, I had this same problem and just invested in a few cans of Batiste to make the distance between washes seem like nothing and gradually my hair got used to only being washed twice a week at most.

    I have these and love them too, the condition of my hair is amazing now! xo

    Adrienne | Late Night Nonsense | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Batiste is a life saver! I think my hair's gradually getting used to not being washed as often and it's beginning to feel amazing! xxx

      Delete
  18. glad to have found your blog! im also a north east beauty blogger

    beckysbeautique.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your blog! I may have to give these a go ;) great post!

    www.fashion-form.blogspot.co.uk


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will definitely be trying this out if I find it in Canada because this looks like something I am in need of! I always have to wash my hair on the third day when I don't want to!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I hope you can! That's what I was like! xxx

      Delete
  21. Oh wow these sound amazing. I have tried the extreme conditioner from this range, and it was SO good! I love the idea of the three products working together xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh was it? I'll need to purchase it! <3 xxx

      Delete
  22. oooh i love oils for my hair! this range sounds amazing ^_^
    deffo gonna hunt down that oil :)

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig