30 August 2013

Beauty | Stargazer Lipstick Review



Stargazer very kindly recently sent me a selection of their products to try out. When I opened my parcel I was immeadiately drawn to the two lipsticks I was sent; Well, who wouldn't be?! I received a Lipstick* from their regular line in the shade 138, a fairly deep pink with subtle shimmer and a Matte Lipstick* in shade 207 which is a vibrant baby pink.

The first lipstick I tried was from the regular line; I was a bit sceptical as I've never gotten on with lip products with a shimmer. It sometimes can look childish on me. The product applies a tad rough, dragging on the lips a bit and it does takes a couple of applications to get coverage yet it doesn't build up to be completely opaque. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful shade however not one I'll find myself reaching for often.

The matte lipstick impressed me a little bit more. It applies easier (surprisingly) than the aforementioned lipstick and gives a fully opaque finish after a couple of applications. On me, it looks like a typical 'Barbie' pink, not something I'd usually go for but it's still beautiful! I think I could learn to love this colour if I wear it with the right outfit however it's not the longest lasting of lipsticks as it does begin to fade after only a couple of hours.














































Even though these aren't absolutely amazing, for £3.50 you can't majorly fault them. I feel that if they changed the formula around a bit and added sturdier casing they would be a lot better! I suppose you can't always win, but a decent effort from Stargazer! What are your cheap, go-to lipsticks? Let me know in the comments below! 


*These products were sent to me free of charge & for my consideration. All opinions are honest & completely my own.
Share:

51 comments

  1. I really love the shade of the second one! I quite like Stargazer but do agree they could improve the formula a little to make these really good products!
    My favourite cheapie lipstick is definitely Rimmel :)
    Lydia Rose
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the shades are so lovely. I love the Rimmel lippys!

    thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use Stargazer makeup a lot when I was younger and would love to get back into it. These shades look lovely on you <3

    http://maliberrymakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shades! I think I remeber Stargazer used to sell a lot of glitter products when I was younger!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those colours are so lovely! I'll have to try and find them x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bottom lipstick reminds me of MAC St Germain in its colour.. shame it's not amazing quality xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the second colour but they both look lovely on you! Definitely going to look into them x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried Stargazer befoer, but for these prices I may have too! Just to let you know, I'm doing FREE Advertising for Bloggers on my Blog, and I read your blog and would love to feature yours! for more information you can read here: http://ellslouise.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/free-blog-promotionadvertisement.html

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours look really lovely on you and how cheap for lipstick!! I've never tried any Stargazer products before x

    Candy Cosmetics Beauty Blog | For All Things Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first time I've read/heard about this brand lovely, the colours look lovely on you - you really suit pretty pink shades sweetie! For a cheap lipstick it sounds like a good go-to, I swear by MAC lippies but if I want a cheaper buy, I'd go Barry M or Topshop :)

    Elizabeth x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these shades are absolutely gorgeous! I haven't heard of this brand before, but these shades are too pretty, I'll have to check them out!

    Christina | Passion Obsession - Currently hosting a beauty hamper giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These colors look amazing!! I am really liking the shade 207 on you! I don't think this brand is available in Canada because I would love to try this one up! As you said the price isnt too high so it would be worth the try! For cheap lipsticks I like to go for L'Oreal ones as there are many nice colors!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Alexandra - I'm not sure if it is eiter! xxx

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous shades of lipstick, but more to the point, your makeup is so natural looking! Envious!
    www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think these colors would go very well with my skin, but they look so good with yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love pink lipsticks, the first one looks amazing!

    Would you like to enter my giveaway? http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/100-bloglovin-followers-giveaway.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these colours actually look really good on you. Don't worry if you think you may look a little "childish" because it doesn't translate :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bottom shade looks pretty on you hun, shame about the formula though. My go to cheap lipies are by MUA & NYC, both under £2.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan - ooh I'll have to check out NYC! xxx

      Delete
  19. So cheap and I agree, I prefer the matte one too! Lovely shade!x

    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm the same with any shimmer product! but the barbie pink really looks lovely!


    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just makes me look about 5 years younger ha! xxx

      Delete
  21. LOVE these xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. That second colour is gorgeous
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow these colors are so cute!! love them!

    http://fashionqueen294.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look lovely on you!

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig