24 August 2013

Fragrance | The Fragrance Shop 'Discovery Box'



I always tend to test perfumes out before I buy them. I mean, imagine spending £40 on a bottle of fragrance and after a few wears you figure you don't even like it that much? The Fragrance Shop have made up a little 'Discovery Box'* to help combat that. These little boxes are filled with six mini vials of different fragrances to not only test out, but to help you discover new scents. Not to mention they're only £5 per quarter!

This particular box comes with 6 samples, which include four female fragrances and two male aftershaves. I love the fact it includes a bit of both as us girls could find potential birthday and christmas presents for our other halves (or dads!). I have to say after giving them a whiff, my favourite is definitely Alien: Aqua Chic, it's absolutely gorgeous! As for the boys, both my Dad and brother preferred the Lacoste scent over the Givenchy; interesting!

Samples included: Mont Blanc's 'Legend'Alien's 'Aqua Chic'Loewe's 'Quizas, Quizas, Quizas, Pasion'Elvis Jesus' 'For Her'Givenchy's 'Gentlemen Only'Lacoste's 'Noir'

Overall, this is such a brilliant box if your a fragrance freak or if you're looking for a new scent! Make sure you check out the Fragrance Shop as they always have brilliant offers! Would this be something you'd try yourself? What's your statement scent? Let me know! Don't forget to vote in the Cosmo Blog Awards - I'm in the 'Best New Beauty Blog' category - only 6 days left to vote!


*This product was sent to me free of charge & for my consideration. All opinions are honest & completely my own.
Share:

40 comments

  1. Going to have to get this, it's such a good idea!

    http://ramblingofabeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty good deal! I love the original Alien perfume so might have to have a sniff of the Aqua Chic version too x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really cool! :D I always tend to buy a perfume and only use half of it because I get bored of the scent, so this would be awesome to discover new scents and to not get bored of them :D

    xo Noor
    clothesanddreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea!

    I have just posted a hair styling post if your interested :D
    The Jewel Beauty Blog - A friendly beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good idea! I bet the box it-self smelt nice with all that contents! haha. Good luck in the cosmo awards, I shall vote for you right after I publish this comment, don't know why I didn't sooner! You deserve it :)

    -Han x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did haha! Thank you so much Hannah, you have no idea how much I appreciate it! xxx

      Delete
  6. I think this a great box for testing fragrances and promoting 'try before you buy' - and I'm like you lovely, I always try before I invest in a fragrance because they are on the pricey side!

    Elizabeth x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a really good idea!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cute samples like those
    Alana xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. are they like little 2mls or those little smelly pad things? sounds like a good idea though!

    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is such a great idea! I love trying out new things so one of these would be great for me x

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to try this for ages but never got round to subscribing, it's actually a good idea to do this around now ready for Christmas so that you can ask for something you actually want!.... sorry did I just mention Christmas? It's August, feel free to slap me haha.

    Jade | Beauty Butterfly Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute idea! I take forever to make up my mind and love trying new scents so this is just up my street :) xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I'm desperate for a new one xxx

      Delete
  13. This is a really good idea, I always end up going to in boots and trying out loads of perfumes and then not knowing which is which aha! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This soooo sounds like something that I need in my life! xx

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of this box! I'm always second guessing myself when it comes to perfume so being able to "trial" a perfume before I spend lots of money on it? Awesome idea! haha Lovely post :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an amazing idea!!
    I can never decide what I think of perfumes unless I've walked around with it for a day or so.

    http://www.jayybear.blogspot.com

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! At least you know how long they last for too! xxx

      Delete
  17. I didn't even realise these Discovery Boxes existed but am defo going to tryt hem now :) I love perfumes and these are such a good idea! xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great idea...I like the whole idea of trying before I buy a huge bottle

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a great idea! I've been wanting to try out new fragrances, so this is great! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig