15 March 2013

Review: MAC's 'Mineralize Skinfinish Natural'

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus


This is my first review of a MAC product, check me out! If you didn't see, in January I had my first 'MAC experience' - I was excited to finally purchase some MAC make-up as I'd heard so much about the prestigious brand and their products. I picked up the 'Mineralize Foundation' (review soon) and this little beauty, the 'Mineralize Skinfinish Natural' powder. I got matched to the shade 'Light Plus', which I think is a tad light for me, but hey, I have to start embracing my natural paleness sometime soon. As you can probably tell by the state of my product, it's been well loved since I bought it, and here's why...

MAC promise that this product will create a 'dimensional yet natural-matte finish' and that's exactly what it does. When used on top of my foundation, the powder reduces any unwanted shine and creates a flawless, and indeed, 'natural-matte' finish on my skin. However, the product doesn't reduce the glow of your foundation, so you'll still look as fresh as ever! I must note that I have particularly dry skin, and the powder doesn't exaggerate any dry patches I may have when I use a good foundation. I understand how difficult it is to achieve a good base when you have really dry skin, so it's great to use a product that doesn't amplify those pesky imperfections. I've worked full days wearing this product and my make-up has never 'stayed' so well, the lasting power is excellent.

Not only is the product brilliant for setting your base, but it's ideal for those days when you don't want a full coverage foundation but you still want to look 'put together'. As it's a 'low coverage' powder, dusting it all over my face gives the perfect 'natural' makeup-no-makeup vibe that I go for on those relaxed days. The powder doesn't tend to cover imperfections, so I still have to apply little dabs of concealer on my dark circles and blemishes. But seems as though I'm finally starting to feel a bit more comfortable about wearing less make-up, it's definitely been a go-to product recently! The only downfall in my opinion is the fact there's no mirror, it would make it a lot more travel friendly if they included one in the compact! Overall Rating - 9/10

Here's me wearing only concealer, powder, mascara and a little bit of blush!


PLEASE excuse my hair, I'm going through a 'need to grow all my colour out' phase. I'm just sick of dying it so it's currently about 10 different shades of brown and ginger hence why I always wear it in a bun.

Have you used this product, or anything similar? What do you wear on your 'lazy makeup days'? Let me know, thanks for reading!

Megan. xo
Share:

59 comments

  1. This looks great, definitely think I'll be saving up for that one! Your hair looks lovely, dont know what you're talking about.

    http://lovefromchar.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely, I never normally wear powder but recently I've been thinking about giving it a go! X

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to, but this makes my skin look flawless! xx

      Delete
  3. I swear by the powder! It looks great on you x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so worth the money! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used this off and on for years! I think I prefer liquid foundation and loose powder now but MSF Natural is great for lazy days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liquid Foundation just clings to my dry patches sometimes, I can't find anything that won't! xx

      Delete
  6. Ive heard so many good things about this, i really want to try it out! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to thr this foundation out!! And bw your hair looks amazing because of all the colors you have in it!! :)
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my HG setting powder!
    I've tried others but always come back to this one :)
    Nice review

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this stuff - you have such flawless skin! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blogposts! Will defo have to try this!

    www.itsflashyfash.blogspot.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love my MAC MSF Natural and your skin looks goooorgeous :)
    http://blog.fusels.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks gorgeous but I can't tell if it's just your amazing skin! ;)
    ]Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look lovely! I really wanna try a mineralise skin finish! xx

    emilyjaneosborne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG you look absolutely gorgeous Megan!!!!! So jealous right now haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Gemma!! Don't be jealous silly, your beaut xx

      Delete
  15. Your skin is perfect! xx

    elinlikes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks lovely on you!

    simplecharmbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. your so pretty, your skin looks amazing! I couldn't live without my MSF! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been waiting for a good review of this powder, I'm so glad I came across your blog.
    You're so gorgeous and it really looks good on you.
    I will definitely give this product a try, I hope my combination skin will also liked it!:)
    ♡,
    Riza of Pour L'Instant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you my doll! Oooh I'm sure it will :) xx

      Delete
  19. cool review! thanks for sharing this :)
    anyway, i have an on-going international giveaway on my blog! i hope you can check it out and join if you haven't yet because I would love you to win! http://raellarina.blogspot.com/2013/03/thboxes-x-raellarina-giveaway.html

    xoxo,
    Rae ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice!!I want a MAC Make up stuff too!!♥♥

    Don't forget to check out my new advertorial post!! ♥♥

    ♥♥♥Alisonous✿♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah wow, I really want to try this now! During the days I tend to just wear concealer and bronzer, so this mineral powder seems perfect if I’m feeling a bit bleugh. Lovely review, you’ve definitely convinced me to buy it!xx

    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoey! It's most certainly great when I don't want to clog up my skin! xx

      Delete
  22. Looks lush on you! I also love this product its a HG!! :) also now following :)

    Siobhan xxx

    www.glitter-x-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! It's looking like that way for me too! xx

      Delete
  23. Great review! You look beautiful! :)

    http://sofijasphotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. loveee this! I've been through about 3 haa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! I'll probably end up like that! xx

      Delete
  25. I've heard great things about this stuff! Awesome review - I might have to go get some now :) lovely blog you have, missy!

    xo, samantha
    www.sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really need to buy this powder again, your post reminded me how amazing it is!
    I've made sure to follow you on Bloglovin'

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the look of this, it is definitely on my 'to try' list. You look gorgeous by the way - you definitely do not need foundation!

    Kate x
    http://newgirlonthe-blog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the review, i deffo need to invest in this! Have you tried the ben nye powder? Much cheaper and supposed to be amazing!

    www.thegirlinchartreuse.blogspot.com

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh no I haven't, thanks for the reccomendation! Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  29. I've been on the fence about this for so long and I think you've convinced me :)

    www.vickoo00wonderland.blogspot.ie

    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I bought this today and I am so excited to try it!


    kissandmakeupxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig