5 February 2013

Review: Schwarzkopf's 'Got2b Powder'ful'

Schwarzkopf Got2B Powderful
Schwarzkopf 'Got2b Powder'ful' //£3.99


Can you believe how quick this year is going already? I mean it's FEBRUARY! I can already tell that 2013 is going to be a exciting and productive year even though I'll be turning 'twen-teen' in October. I refuse to believe I'm leaving my teenage years behind... Today I have another product review for you on something that I had pretty high hopes for.

Let me start off by saying that I don't buy a lot of 'products' for my hair apart from shampoo, conditioner. hairspray and the odd 'Aussie' treatment. I really need to broaden my horizons and I thought I had by purchasing this from my local Superdrug store. I think I'd seen this advertised about 5 times every single day in between television programmes and thought I'd see what all the hype was about. The product is described as a 'Volumizing Styling Powder' that is supposed to create an excessive amount of volume at your roots in 'an instant'. I was interested in this as when I go out for drinks with my friends I like to make a bit more effort and put in & curl my extensions and I thought this would give it extra 'oomph'. I certainly need the extra help as I have naturally poker-straight hair.

With this product you can either tap the powder straight onto your roots or into your hands then work it into your hair, I decided to go for the hands approach. The powder seemed like a regular weightless powder at first and then when I began to work it into my roots the texture completely changed. It felt really dry as if I had put some form of clay into my hair and was difficult to style. Turning to my backcombing brush to rescue my hair, I managed to style it in a way that did look 'volumized'. Hurrraaahh, the product worked... for ten minutes. After faffing around getting ready when I looked back into the mirror my hair was flat, again. When I woke up the next morning I thought the nightmare had ended until it came to brushing my hair & it being so tough, it was like clay had dried in my roots. I did give this a couple of chances but each time it has failed me, I'm so disappointed. Overall rating - 3/10

Today's the LAST day to enter my MAC Lipstick giveaway here! Have you had any really bad experiences with products like this? Do you know any brilliant volumizing products? Let me know, thanks for reading!

Megan. xo
Share:

31 comments

  1. Totally agree with you, This stuff has a crazy texture and is a complete nightmare to get out of your hair. I gave it a few chances but ended up binning a near full container! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else has shared this experience & I'm not the only one! x

      Delete
  2. I found this product really hard to apply and didn't like the feeling it left in my hair either! Definitely try the vo5 plump it up spray if you haven't already- it works wonders!
    You can see my review of it here: http://zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/goodbye-flat-lifeless-hair.html

    ZoeyInWonderland

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrible isn't it?! Thanks for the recommendation lovely! x

      Delete
  3. Owww I hate disappointing products! I always use batiste dry shampoo in my roots for a bit of volume, it works wonders when backcombed I find!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Batiste dry shampoo, it's amazing! xx

      Delete
  4. I love seeing blogs with not just happy positive things to say about a product so a big thumbs up from me :) im surprised this product was bad as ive used a similar product and it was quite good on my hair :)

    Love Emily xx

    http://love-x-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have to sometimes so other people don't experience it! What did you use? x

      Delete
  5. never tried this but always wanted to, so glad I didn't now! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't fall into the trap of advertising like I did! x

      Delete
  6. I've never tried any Schwarzkopf products and it's such a shame this wasn't great :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, such a shame it lasted 10mins. Meh!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to try this product out but I dont think I will now:p haha im glad I read this before I wasted money!
    uniqu3youth.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might work on your hair you never know! x

      Delete
  9. My hair is exactly the same, and I bought this the other day to and wasn't all that impressed with it either. Was better when I put it direct to my roots and then back combed. Still on the hunt for amazing volumne when you find something that works well let me know honey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try that, just don't want the nightmare to reoccur! I will, you too! xx

      Delete
  10. This sounds awful :( Thanks for the warning as I heard so many raves about this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm turning twen-teen in October too xx

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried this but I have tried the Bed Head one. And it is so annoying. That texture is so odd, it's like sticky powder right? Ugh I hate it. But I found using it for fashion shows when I need hair to be crazy it works well. Otherwise I don't use it on my hair clients nor myself! Thanks for the review, I wanted to pick some more up to see if the texture was the same!

    xoxo


    Janelle @ GlamorousMama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, completely! I can't imagine anything worse! x

      Delete
  13. Wont be using this product then! haha thanks for the review before I bought it!

    http://skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never tried it before, too bad that it's not so great. I would love to find something that give my hair a lot of volume and keeps it that way for a long time!



    Xxx

    katrien

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never tried this but definately wont now..

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've put a lot of people off ha! xx

      Delete
  16. Have look at this loads in boots, wanted to try it but after your honest review, dont think il bother. Think i will stick to my batiste dry shampoo on my roots.

    Jessicaloves21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig