12 January 2013

Review: Lush's 'Grease Lightning'

LUSH Grease Lightning



Hello my lovelies. As it's been the festive season, I've pigged out on rubbish food and ate copious amounts of chocolates out my selection boxes and I imagine I'm not the only one! So even though I don't get a mass amount of spots and blemishes, I did have quite a fair amount from my sugar and sweetie splurge so a new solution was definitely needed!

I've seen a couple of bloggers rave about this so I thought I'd see what the whole excitement was about and I'm happy to say I'm not disappointed, it's definitely like no spot treatment I've ever used! After falling into the habit of 'I want clearer skin, I'll just use Clearasil', I'm so happy I've found something new and different. If you have problematic skin or just get the odd big spot like I do, this is ideal and it's suitable for all skin types. It's a product from the amazing company 'Lush' and is described as a treatment that, 'Strikes the spot with lightning precision' and it's designed 'to zap zits before they show themselves'. It's made with fresh ingredients such as Tea Tree, Grape Juice, Lavender Oil and Witch Hazel to name just a few, and it's definitely been working wonders on my, let's say, 'problem areas'.

All that I've been doing is pumping out the gel formula onto my (clean) fingers and dabbing it where it needs to go. I've been doing this mostly before I go to sleep but I've also done it when I've been in the house with no make-up on just to try say 'adios' to them a little quicker. It's reduced the spots that have AND haven't surfaced the skin yet in not just size but colouration too. The first morning after I used this I immediately noticed less red areas! It's definitely a fast acting treatment, getting to work pretty much straight away. The only little problem that I've found with this product so far is that it dries out the area you apply it to, even though the website states that it won't. It may just be my skin! However, after I wash my face in the morning my skin completely goes back to normal, so this little problem doesn't really affect me too much to the point of not repurchasing it. It retails at £5.95 which is a tad pricey for the 45g you get, but I'll only use it when I have breakouts so I feel it will last me a long time! Overall Rating - 8.5/10.

Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts? Or have you tried an even better spot treatment? Let me know! Thanks for reading!


Megan. xo
Share:

17 comments

  1. Oh god I might just need this in my life. And lush products are always nice to own but a little expensive! Xxx

    www.blankbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I really like that lush uses all natural ingredients. I really want to try one of their face masks xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of small spots in my face so this may just be the solution!

    I am following you now on GFC and Bloglovin. Hope you can follow me back.:)
    The Fashion Commoner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Of course I'll check you out xxx

      Delete
  4. Sounds great for me because I only have the occasional problem blemish. Lovely review, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco your one of my favourite bloggers, seriously! Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  5. omg this sounds perfect! definitely going to pick this up! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like such a cute little product :) I really like Lush and their creative names.

    *following*


    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! Those ingredients are known to be really good w/ reducing inflammation :)
    <3, Mel
    beautytribune.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the natural ingredients in Lush products, Neal's Yard is also really great for that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig