19 January 2016

Baking Recipe | Super Easy Cornflake Tart

Cornflake Tart Recipe
Well this just completely takes me back to primary school. Today I thought I would share this super easy recipe that you can whip up in 15 minutes or less and it tastes like an absolute dream!

You will need:
- Golden Syrup 
- 30g Brown Sugar
- 80g Butter
- Cornflakes
- Strawberry Jam
- Pastry Dish

Start off by popping your butter along with 7 or so tablespoons of golden syrup on a low heat in a pan to melt. Add in the brown sugar and stir until the mixture is all dissolved and smelling deliciously sweet. Whilst allowing to cool for a few minutes, spread the jam evenly over the base of the pastry dish. Sometimes popping it into the microwave for 20 seconds makes it easier to distribute! Add the cornflakes to the mix and ensure all are covered with the golden goodness. Spread the mixture onto the pastry and level on top. Bake for 5 minutes. VOILA! Old school goodness right before your very eyes.

Let me know if this was one of your favourites and what other desserts from school you loved. Anyone else have that pink-flan-with-cornflakes thing? That was awesome! 
Megan. xo
Check out my January advertiser - Loveable Vogue!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig