9 December 2015

Beauty | High Street vs High End: The Face Illuminators

NARS Copacabana Illuminator and No7 Skin Illuminator
NARS Copacabana Illuminator and No7 Skin Illuminator
NARS Copacabana Illuminator and No7 Skin Illuminator
There's one part of my makeup routine that I just love to keep adding to, and that's glow. Whether it's putting it under foundation or as a highlight, or even both! Here are the competitors...

I love a real champagne and pearly tone to my highlighters, especially in the winter when everyone's skin is just that little bit paler. Whether it's mixing them into my foundation to add that extra bit of glow to the whole face, or applying them on my cheekbones to add a beam of light, liquid highlighters are some of my favourite to use. I've had the NARS Copacabana Illuminator (£23) in my stash for quite some time now, but it's one that I keep on coming back to. It's quite a thick liquid which has a real pearlescent undertone with a lot of glittery particles. It adds a real shimmer to the cheekbones when applied and you only need the teeniest of amounts. 

Something a little bit more on the newer side of my collection is the No7 Skin Illuminator (£11) which is a lot more runny in terms of texture than the NARS alternative. It definitely suits being mixed into or under foundation than it does on the cheekbones as it adds a lot more of a 'glowing from within' look than a shimmer of light. It has a brush applicator which allows ease for you to apply directly to your face, however it can get a little grubby from time to time!

All in all, it's definitely what type of product you're after. Something to brighten your complexion or to add some radiance to your cheekbones? Are you a fan of illuminators? Let me know in th comments below, I just loving getting that glow!
Megan. xo
Check out my December advertiser - Caroline Elvin!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig