7 November 2015

Blogging | The Blogger That I Am Not

The Blogger That I Am Not
There's been a big boom on social media recently about it's authenticity and it being 'not what it seems' which has had me sat thinking. From that, I was inspired to tell you the blogger that I am not...

I am not the type of blogger who will accept everything. I've been blogging for three years now and have gathered myself a bit of a following if you wish, which means I get quite a lot of emails in my inbox daily. Although I appreciate every single brand and company that take the time to get in touch with me, I will sift through my emails and choose one out of say, every ten possible collaborations. Why? Because I want to only work with brands that I love or believe in. I don't want to accept (possibly mediocre) products purely for selfish reasons that I don't feel like I can turn into valuable content for you. It's not cool for me, and it wouldn't be cool for you. The same goes for sponsored content, I've only done a handful of paid-for posts on Thumbelina Lillie out of the fifty or so I've been offered to do. I just don't feel like I'm being true to myself if I were to accept something based on the money to plop on my blog. It'd just feel shit.

Moving further from that, I am not the type of blogger who will lie to you. If I don't like a product, I will not tell you that I do. Simple. There have been so many times I've seen bloggers post in detail reviews of products the day after they have received them. I just can't do that. I need to test a product throughly to be honest with you guys, because if we don't have honesty, what have we got left? I want you to come to my blog and know that you are receiving genuine content with genuine opinions. It's very rare that I'll post a fully negative review on here, that's because I like to keep this blog a positive place. But if I do get sent a product from a PR that I just can't fall in love with, I'll email them and tell them that it's just not for me. They'd much rather us bloggers be honest with them than post out some bullshit to our readers. This blog is a two way relationship yano...

Finally, although I am a blogger, I feel like this is somewhat related. I'm just not a YouTuber too. I have tried and tried to create content for my YouTube Channel but I just don't feel like it's my place on my internet. My first love was writing and that's what I'm going to continue to do. I felt like a sickly little girl sitting down in front of a camera awkwardly saying 'Hi guys and welcome back to my channel...'. That is just not me. I am SO appreciative of those who watched and enjoyed my videos, I have just now come to accept that it's not for everyone, it's not for me. I LOVE watching YouTube videos, I'm subscribed to 60+ channels and I'll watch YouTube rather than TV most times. I don't think I'll ever find a place on YouTube for me, and d'ya know what? That's okay. I'd rather plough all my efforts into this place...

Another ramble of my thoughts and feelings, I just wanted to lay everything on the table for you. I'm hoping none of this is exactly 'new' and that you believe that I'm an honest blogger but I just wanted to share what's inside of me. Let me know your thoughts down below, if you made it far that is, ha!
Megan. xo
Check out my November advertiser - Studs and Dreams!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig