20 July 2015

Beauty | The New 'Strobing' Trend

2014 was the year of the contour. Now there is a new beauty trend making it's way onto our faces and I thought I would give it a whirl...

'Strobing' is kind of like contouring but without the bronzer. In a nutshell, it is highlighting a tad more than you usually would and in a more of an 'obvious' way. The whole trend is aimed at creating a much more dewy, fresh and youthful look instead of making us look a bit more 'defined' in the way that contouring does. I have always had a love affair with bronzer and it is a step that I never miss in my routine, so leaving it on the dressing table to try out this trend had me a bit concerned about the outcome before whacking it on my face. However, I really liked the outcome so here's how I got it.

To prep the skin I used the Pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer (£24) to create a glow to the whole skin and then went ahead with my usual, everyday dewy foundation, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (£10.99).  I decided to do the whole Strobing business in two stages to make it stand out. I first used a cream highlighter in the form of MAC's Cream Colour Base in 'Pearl' (£16) to add a more natural glow to the skin. I blended this on my forehead, my brow bone, down the centre of my nose, on my chin and the tops of my cheek bones. I then chose my favourite highlighter of the moment Laura Mercier's 'Spellbound' Illuminator (limited edition, similar here) to go over the areas to add shimmer.

So that's me up there, trying out this new trend and really feeling fresh faced and glowing! What are your thoughts on this new makeup look that is going around? Have you tried it yet or do you think that it's not up your street? Let me know in the comments - thanks for reading!
Check out my July advertiser - Simple Things!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig