25 May 2015

Baking Recipe | The ULTIMATE Chocolate Cookie

Who doesn't love a chocolate-filled giant chocolate cookie? Hands up! Because I know I do. Let's break it down as I tell you how to bake these goodies...

I have to admit this recipe is not my own; It is that of Vivianna's from her Cookie Monster post. But I have baked these cookies multiple times and they are always a hit with everyone who is lucky enough to taste them so I thought I would pass on the recipe again, giving full props to Anna of course for the mouth-watering cookie recipe! So, you will need:

- 200g unsalted butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 275g self-raising flour
- 75g coca powder
- A couple of big bars of chocolate (choice is yours!)
- Splash of milk (if needed)

After washing your hands I always find it easiest to weigh out all the ingredients, just so you know what you're working with. Turn your oven to 180 degrees and line two trays with baking paper. Then take your butter and sugar and mix it together until it is a creamy consistency. I use an electric mixer but if you've got a bit more arm strength than I have, then mixing it manually works as well. Don't worry too much about loosing all the 'gritty' texture of the sugar just yet, it will eventually form into the mixture. Mix in your egg until the mixture has all formed into one. Next it's time to add the flour and the cocoa powder. Doing this in stages works best as I have made the mistake of getting flour everywhere once I turned the electric mixer on! The mixture will start to become a lot drier, but feel free to add a drop or two of milk to make things a bit more manageable. Add your broken up chocolate to the mix and then it's time to get your hands grubby. Create round handful size balls and pop them onto your tray (I usually do 5 to a tray) and then pop them into the oven for 10 minutes then leave to cool. 

Voila! Mega chocolate cookies goodness! Let me know if you try this recipe out - it's my favourite one to bake at the moment! What other recipes would you like to see here on Thumbelina Lillie?
Check out my May advertiser - The Beauty Baker
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig