26 August 2014

Beauty | BirchBox August 2014 - Contents


























Subscription beauty boxes aren't a thing for me - I know some people swear by them but being a working student I can't justify another bank credit each month! However, I do think that they really are a great way to try new brands and sample new products.  The wonderful guys over at BirchBox HQ sent me this lovely little parcel* so I can feel involved in the world of beauty sub boxes and see what all the fuss is about. I thought I'd let you know if the products would be something that I would really use...

This months samples come in a very handy plastic bag which is going to be great for carrying any toiletries when travelling - love it. The first product to catch my eye was the Number 4 'Super Comb Prep & Protect', a spray that is a leave-in conditioner, detangling spray and heat protectant all in one, talk about a triple threat! This is one that I'll definitely be giving a go after my next shower. In this month you get a double dosage of the Supergoop 'Daily Correct CC Creamwhich seemed to blend well into my hand however looked a tiny-teeny bit on the orange side. I'll have to give this one a test on a lazy day to not run the risk of a public-tangerine-trauma. 

I decided to give the Sarah McNamara 'Miracle Skin Transformer' a spontaneous test and although my skin felt silky smooth afterwards, the microderm crystals felt a bit like I was rubbing sand on my face - not good. For a fragrance touch, a vial of Resist Me which has notes of bergamot, lemon and lavender. It's a tad strong and 'grown up' for me as I like flirty, floral scents, but I can see a older, kick-ass business woman wearing this. (edit: being honest, after about 10 minutes it began to STINK) My most favourite pick of the box is definitely the Wild About Beauty Eyeshadow in the shade '04 Becca' which is a beautiful almost rose gold shimmer. A product that I'm making sure that I get some use out of! 

So that's my thought on this month's Birchbox offering. Let me know in the comments if you got this box and what your thoughts are. Also if you get Beauty Subscription Boxes in general and what your thoughts are. Thanks for reading!



Check out my August Advertiser - Ashka
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig