8 July 2014

Update | The Biggest Thank You

Photo via Pinterest
I sit here, hands shaking and eyes filling up with tears but for a very good reason. As I'm typing this I have just found out that I have somehow been shortlisted in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards in the Best Established Beauty Blog category this year. I actually am well and truly gobsmacked. After being shortlisted last year in the Best New Beauty Blog category, I did not think I stood a chance in heck getting shortlisted this year given the category as there are so many amazing blogs out there - I didn't think for a moment that I'd get noticed!

Instead of hounding you all for votes, I wanted to pop a quick post up expressing how grateful I am for this. There's a lot of controversy surrounding blog awards and people can become quite nasty but I hope that people will look past that this year and be happy for others in the community. When I began writing Thumbelina Lillie in October 2012 I had zero idea of where it could go, I wrote for the love of fashion and beauty and nothing else. It wasn't just a hobby, it was a kind of escapism in a way. To this day I still can't believe the opportunities I've received but they just wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for you. Yes, you! You sat reading this very website on a computer/tablet/mobile screen.

Even though I would still write this blog if it had two readers, the support that I have seen through this venture has been insane. I receive numerous emails, messages and tweets from readers saying kind things that literally make me smile from ear to ear. Sometimes it's a bit overwhelming when people call my blog 'inspirational', I kinda giggle and think 'hang on, I only talk about lipsticks and shoes!'. But if that inspires you then that couldn't make me happier! I even keep a folder of print screened tweets to look at when I'm feeling a bit blue and it cheers me up like nothing else. I've met so many wonderful people through blogging and to those who I haven't met (yet!) I'm still sending the biggest of cuddles your way. 

So I guess I kinda just want to say that this is all down to you, so thank you! Thank you for nominating my blog again this year, you really have made this incredibly special and I just cannot say thank you enough. I hope that you'll stick with me and keep enjoying my content and enjoy the huge virtual love that I am sending you right now. Peace.


Check out my July Advertiser -  Jasmine Mcrae
Share:

52 comments

  1. Congratulations Megan, delighted for you - so deserved :) x

    http://www.teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to the professional comment thing, there is no way I could even start doing one with this achievement so here I go: Well done baby!!!! So proud of you, wishing you all the best and if you win or become a runner up, we will still celebrate with lots of Madoris!! Mwah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muhahaha!! Thank you so much muffin <3 <3 xxxx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Wishing you all the best :) X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, I wish you the best of luck! I've already voted for you today :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm absolutely chuffed for you Megan! Massive congratulations :) Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So well deserved! I love watching your blog grow and I'm so pleased to be your friend - you are a peach. Love ya, love ya, love ya x

    www.talkingaboutm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Megan, love you loads!! <3 xo

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Megan you deserve it! x

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you, congrats. I've voted for you, hope you win!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. MEGAN!! SO happy for you! Congratualtions!! I can't think of anyone else who deserves it more than you, it's so clear how much work you put into your blog! ENJOY this!! Hope you win now!! I have all my fingers crossed for you!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eleanor!!! That's so lovely of you <3 <3 xo

      Delete
  10. Congratulations! xx

    thevelvetwonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you so much gorgeous, means the world <3 xo

      Delete
  12. I am SO excited for you! I know you can do this :D xxx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for being behind me Gemma <3 xo

      Delete
  13. Congrats! xxx

    www.mehshake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Very well deserved :)
    Megan x
    MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done Megan! You deserve it :) xxx

    Twopeacex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. well done Megan! You thoroughly deserve it - you're one of our favourites :)

    Eve & Faye x
    The Sugar Spun Sisters | A blog about clothes, cosmetics and coeliac disease.

    Take a look at our latest post - how to make your own DIY floral crown!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Massive Congratulations!

    http://thedesigndisciple.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww your folder of tweets you absolute mega cutie! You really do deserve it love, your bubbly personality shines through every post xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it keeps me sane! Thank you lovely <3 xo

      Delete
  19. Congrats! Well deserved! :) x

    Caroline.x
    notesfromcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post! Fantastic news! Congratulations :D

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a lovely post, well done gorgeous girl! xxx

    www.megsboutique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well deserved Megan! Well done, keep it up gorgeous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, very well deserved!x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations :)! I recently stumbled upon your blog and I am now hooked so you clearly deserve this!

    http://beautywithcharm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig