20 June 2014

Beauty | Benefit's Hoola Bronzer














































I've always been the type of person who feels a little bit better about myself when I have a tanner complexion. Isn't that weird? How something so simple as the pigmentation of our skin can instantly boost our mood? It sounds odd, but it's true - when I can't achieve this naturally I love to bronze up my skin as much as I can through the help of make-up (and a bit of self-tanner now and then). Benefit recently hooked me up with their Hoola Bronzer* to make me feel like I'd seen a bit more of the sun...

Benefit really do know how to make someone feel special, my cute little package is super special as it has my name on the box and brush - back away big sister, this one is mine! Upon first impression I thought that the bronzer looked a tad on the orange side of things which did worry me a bit. I picked up some of the product on my Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush and swiped it along my cheeks and across my temples like I usually do with my bronzer. I was shocked at just how pigmented the product was, very bold indeed and almost a bit muddy and orange looking. I quickly picked up my blending brush to try make the bronzer look a bit more wearable on the skin. Once blended, the product did look a lot more natural and it managed to give a sun kissed glow to my complexion.

After a bit of orange-tastic looking at first, the problem was sorted after a bit of work and I really liked the finished look - all I need to remember is to take the tiniest amount. I'd love to know in the comments below if a bronzer has ever looked a bit orange on you and what your favourite bronzer is! Thanks for reading!


Check out my June Advertiser - Hello Freckles
Share:

34 comments

  1. this is amazing! hoola is also my absolute fav bronzer :)

    Rachel x
    Style Soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo this looks gorgeous, Love the personalised box!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this bronzer, it's sooo gorgeous xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoola is actually my bronzer of choice when I can be bothered with bronzer that is lol. I also find that it takes a bit of effort because having previously been in rushes and then the result looking a bit muddy. I think if you take the time to properly blend it is a really nice bronzer :)

    http://stacie-lifeisworththefight.blogspot.co.uk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love a personalised Hoola - you're so lucky!
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love your photos they're so professional x
    http://blushingbeauty9.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing on you, I really want to try this out! x
    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Hoola! It's the bronzer that I use the most. So neat that Benefit sent you a box with your name on it, I wish that the US Benefit did more stuff like that!

    xx

    Shree | PorcelainShree ✝ Beauty & Lifestyle Blog ✝ |

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bronzer - I've got the smaller version so it's pretty handy when travelling! It was slightly orange-toned, but once blended it contours really well :) xx

    everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look great! I need to get a new bronzer so maybe this is the ticket :)

    xx
    www.thestyleduckling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my all time favourite bronzer, love it!

    isobellooker.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute that your brush has your name on it! Looks like such a subtle bronzer, natural bronzers are the best :) I went to India last summer and the girls I met out there found it bizarre we use fake tan and bronzer, they use skin lightening products like we use darkening ones!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute! Oh wow, that's amazing - you wouldn't never think! xo

      Delete
  13. I've been wanting to try Hoola for ages. Looks beautiful on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hoola is such a amazing bronzer! I actually use it as a crease color for my eyes as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness, I'd pay to have skin like yours Megan! Hoola is an old fave of mine :)

    Lindsey x
    Ropesofholland.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that it has your name on it! It looks perfect on you.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig