23 March 2014

Lifestyle | York - The Evil Eye Lounge














































































Every time I'm lucky enough to venture to my favourite city, York, I make sure I stop off at one of my favourite places in the whole world. No exaggeration necessary. The Evil Eye Lounge is situated in one of York's cobbled infamous side streets and from the outside it looks like a quirky off-licence selling your regular booze; Which it is, at the front. Once you enter, you go down the left hand side to find the most amazing Cocktail Bar and Asian Restaurant, a bit of an odd combination, yet it works.

The cocktail menu is absolutely insane, there's pages and pages of the things with their ingredients noted down too - I love this as I like to know what's going into my drink. I am in awe of the Brazilian and Moroccan themed decor, lots of woods painted teals and purples. Behind the bar, the wall is full of shelves with every alcoholic spirits and mixers you could imagine, as well as flavourings, teas and all sorts. My first cocktail of choice was a Long Island Ice Tea, which basically has every type of spirit in meaning it was really strong - definitely one I had to sip! I then went for a more fruitier Evil Sunrise which was just as delicious as it looks!

I didn't mange to get any pictures of upstairs as it was pretty busy (a popular place!). But there are the coolest four-poster beds with huge cushions that you can sit back and relax on whilst enjoying your drink, however, I like to be downstairs where the hustle and bustle is. I can't vouch for the food either - but my parents have said that it's absolutely delicious! I don't just go in there because I love the cocktails, I just love the entire vibe of the place.

I really hope you enjoyed this post; I know it's different than my usual fashion and beauty stuff, but I really enjoyed putting this one together. Let me know what you think of it down below. Have you been to the Evil Eye Lounge? Would it be somewhere you think you'd like?


Take a look at my March Advertisers! Kult ClothingThe Beauty Baker & Pop Couture
Share:

51 comments

  1. Seems like an awesome place for happy hour! The vibe looks great!
    Kallie @ But First Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fab place! Very colourful :)

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this place looks awesome! Love the snaps. I haven't been to York since I was a kid, I definitely need to explore the UK more.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg this place looks fantastic!! so cool! i need to go here! :) maybe i'll get to york someday!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I've never come across the Evil Eye Lounge, definitely will have to check this out next time I'm back up North. Great review and pictures!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up in York and honestly I miss Evil Eye as much as I miss my family haha... You have to try the food next time you're there, it's easily the best asian food I've had outside of Asia!

    xx

    julia-rosetinted.blogspot.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It is a brilliant place! I'll definitely have to do that. xo

      Delete
  7. Omg love your blog, this place looks gorgeous!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks and sounds amazing.. never heard of it before.. will have to take a venture. :)

    Caroline.x
    notesfromcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds amazing. I'm actually planning a trip to York in a few weeks time so i'm hoping I can pop in :) Thanks for posting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh please do, it's such a cool place. xx

      Delete
  10. This looks like such a gorgeous place for cocktails, so wish I lived nearer!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only just realised I wasn't following you?! I'm sure I was! Anyway, I am now so you have another one to add to your ever growing list :D

    Love that you're doing a few lifestyle posts now!

    You told me about this place when I last visited York and I STILL haven't been ... shocking!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'm glad you've sorted it woop! xo

      Delete
  12. Oooh that evil sunrise looks so delicious! I defo need to try this out when I'm next in york :D
    great review!

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in York and still haven't been here even though I've heard lots of people rave about it! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what?! Girrrrrl, you need to get yo'self there! xo

      Delete
  14. ahh yess evil eye! love going there- so glad to see somewhere I've actually been on someone elses blog! Miss living in york so much !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow great pictures! That drink looks really good!

    Purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't realise you were close to York - that's where I'm based!

    *waves*

    http://www.jessicainyourear.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I'm about a 40 minute drive! xo

      Delete
  17. York is such a great city, this bar looks fantastic!
    Anna x
    aforvogue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this little place!! the atmosphere is brilliant and yes the drinks are incredible and so much to choose from

    www.beckysbeautique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have always wanted to go here whenever I am in York and try all the amazing drinks! Well, maybe not allll of them!
    Lovely read as always Megan!

    Emmie xxx
    www.topknotfringeandawhatnot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been living in York since July and only ventured into evil eye once - definitely need to visit more!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I'd be in there all the time if I lived closer! xo

      Delete
  21. This looks amazing! I've never been to York, so if I do I'll keep this place in mind

    Liz, Style by 1415 | Store x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photos are beautiful in this post! Also, I just checked out your YouTube channel and it is great! So glad I found you though the bbloggers chat on twitter!

    lovelaceybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Lacey! That means so much xo

      Delete
  23. This place looks amazing! I am due to go to York soon and love quirky little places like this, I will definitely be stopping by. Your photos are lovely!

    Got your link through the #Bblogger chat! Followed via Bloglovin :)

    Kathryn xo

    Bit of a Freak | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally amazing! Thank you hun. xo

      Delete
  24. This place sounds really nice! Lovely if you want a boozy day in York!

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. If you ever go up North, go to York! It's beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig