27 February 2014

Beauty | Benefit's Lollitint




A cheek and lip tint was something not evident in my make-up collection, until now. Benefit's latest valentine-ready releaseLollitint*, hit the beauty world by storm a couple of weeks ago and as it's my first try of a product like it, I thought I'd give you my two cents worth (I know a lot of others have!). Described by Benefit as a 'candy-orchid' or to me and you as a 'pinky purple', I was excited to see how this would play out for me.

When it comes to cheek products I almost never ever wear blush; Simply because I could never get the hang of the application. I either didn't apply enough or ended up looking like Aunt Sally, there was just no middle ground! So a liquid cheek tint took me a while to get to grips with. I eventually found the perfect way of application by dotting the product onto my fingertips then patting it onto my cheeks. Be careful not to apply too much as it can be really bright! However, it lasts well and leaves you looking rosy. 

I think I prefer to wear this product on the lips. With a steady hand, you can apply one layer for a light and glossy look or multiple and build it up to a beautiful (and wearable) lilac. When applying multiple layers I did find the texture turned a bit weird before it dried on to the lips, it was unpleasantly sticky. However, once the product had set, the shade was perfect and I found it to last a couple of hours before wearing in the centre of the lips. It takes a while to scrub off too, I mean, boy does it tint those lips!

If I can get over the slightly sticky sensation I can see myself wearing this on the lips more often. However, I still don't think adding colour to my cheeks is my kinda thing - I'll stick to my contouring! Are you a lover of cheek and lip tints? Are you a non-blush wearer like myself? I'd love to know, thanks for reading!


Take a look at my February Advertisers! The Wee BlondieBeky Lou, & Luce Stephenson
Share:

52 comments

  1. Personally I'm not a fan of duo products, those worthy for both the lips and cheeks. This does however look beautiful on the lips, it suits you :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think that it's best on one or the other and not both! x

      Delete
  2. I really want to give this a try!

    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect baby pink color, just gorgeous :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this person and I'm not fond of the colour.

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // RIKKI POYNTER, MAKEUP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love how you've styled these photographs! I picked this up last week and I really love it, the colour suits you so much!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing on the lips! This would have a difficult time tinting my cheeks :D looks so pretty on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've saved my Boots points up to buy one of the benefit tints and am now trying to decide which one I like best. Think this one is a little to sickly coloured for me though
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  8. i thought i was the only one who struggled applying blush?!!? but you nailed it here - so perfect, and such an unusual colour! you look lovely! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm absolutely terrible at it! Thank you hun. xx

      Delete
  9. It's such a pretty colour! <3

    Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the photos. I love the shade too! <3
    -Chaitra | PinkPot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty snaps Megan! It's a beautiful shade, I would use it as a blush tint. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara, I've been trying to improve my skills ha! x

      Delete
  12. These photos are fantastic, I love the styling xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the look of this but not sure I could put it on properly without making a mess of my face ha! You look amazing!
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean haha, thank you Amy. xx

      Delete
  14. This looks so pretty on. Especially with very natural makeup. The sweets don't look to bad either ha x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those photo's are amazing! This suits you

    JASMINE | OHSO-FLAWLESS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty photos and that shade really does look lovely on you! I always wear blush and since I have an olive complexion, I reckon it's a lot more difficult to mess up as it shows up less. Not sure how this colour would suit me but it's so perfect for Spring! xx

    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your skin looks flawless! I love the shade of lollitint xx

    Jess | Jessica Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually really love Benefit's Lollitint! Okay, I haven't actually USED it yet, but I'm a huge fan of Highbeam and Sunbeam so I figure that I would be a fan of this as well. And it looks great on you, Megan!

    PorcelainShree ✝ Beauty & Lifestyle Blog ✝

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was the best surprise parcel of the month! I really loved the sweets and the little jars, but most importantly, Lollitint is a pretty amazing product! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the look of this, such a gorgeous natural flush x

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks like such a gorgeous product. I might have to put this on my wishlist. Lovely post by the way.
    Amy - amyadorebeaute.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. this looks gorgeous both on the lips and cheek and you look gorgeous too, love how it's a multi-product <3
    I love both cheek and lips but lean towards cheek more as I have no defining cheek bones for contouring and winter being harsh as it always is drys up my lips therefore lip products aren't nice when applied. Definitely giving this a go for this spring and summer :)
    thanks for sharing Megan <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Flawless!


    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A moment here for your beautiful pictures!!

    *moment*

    AMEN GURL!!!!
    This looks stunning on you, I'm not a blusher girl either but my god if I was and I knew it would look that pretty...I would be ;)

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the first tint I've ever purchased through reading so many great reviews and I love it, it's a gorgeous colour! xo

    Hannah | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is so pretty! I need to get this for my collection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig