4 October 2013

Update | My First Year In Blogging...



Wow. On this very day last year I published my first post on Thumbelina Lillie. At that point in time I had no idea where I wanted my blog to go and I certainly didn't think that I'd still be writing it today. I remember reading blogs and being fully captivated and inspired by them; The photography, the products, the clothes, everything just completely drew me in. So here's a little run down on 'My First Year In Blogging'...

BEAUTY: I started my blog with lots of interest but little knowledge about cosmetics, skincare, haircare etc. Recently I've had people come to me for opinions on products; Granted I'm not right all the time, (hey, who is?) it does make me feel somewhat useful when people come to me with a question or buy something that I reviewed and tell me how much they love it too. I'd like to think that my knowledge has grown and my make-up application skills have improved and hopefully they both will continue to do so!

FASHION: I knew that I always wanted to incorporate a fashion element into my blog as from a young age I've had such an obsession with shopping. Although I'm not a total 'fashionista', I've loved sharing my real outfits with you guys; All of my 'Outfit of the Day' posts have been genuine outfits that I've worn and not something I've just put together for a blog post. Along with that, it's been weird seeing my fashion grow and change. I'll look back on certain ootds (aka, my first one) totally cringe and think 'God, I'd never wear that now!'.

EVENTS: I wasn't really familiar with Blogger Events when I first started writing - I just thought all the 'big bloggers' went to huge events such as Benefit in London all the time! Little did I know that the North East Blogging Community (The NE Bloggers) is absolutely huge and full of total babes. I went to my first event earlier this year and met some girls who I would now class as real friends. It's fabulous having so much in common with someone! I still can't believe that only a couple of weeks ago I organised and held my own event - who'd of thought?!

MYSELF: My blog has been a kind of 'virtual journey' for little ol' me. I'm not saying blogging has been a walk in the park, because it hasn't! Just like everything else, things do go wrong and you do make mistakes, but they're there to learn from... I never thought that in a million years I'd be shortlisted from 43 000 blogs to just 14 in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards 2013 that was held two nights ago. Even though I didn't win I'm so grateful for the amazing experience and it's spurred me on to work even harder for next year.

Now a little note to you guys... Thank you. Seriously. My blog wouldn't be what it is today without all the support and comments I get from those who read it. I appreciate every single person who clicks onto my blog and has a read of what I have to say. You're the ones who have given me the opportunities such as putting on my own event and attending the Cosmo Awards. So thank you for everything and here's to another year of Thumbelina Lillie.


Share:

75 comments

  1. happy blog birthday! I'm sure there will be lots more to come :) Your blog is gorgeous, and you look so pretty in your pictures <3 x
    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on lasting a whole year, it takes real commitment! I'm sure your blog will carry on growing :)

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made it, huzzah! Thank you - I hope so! xxx

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogversary! Looking forward to see more of your posts!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!
    Congrats - you've done so well for only blogging for a year - hope you keep it going!
    Estelle x
    letmegoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats hun :) love your blog
    www.beckysbeautique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog Birthday/Blogversary! and Congrats on the CosmoBlogAward nomination! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blog Birthday!! You should be proud of how far your blog has come in its first year, I'm sure it will continue to grow x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy bog birthday babes!! Your blog is amazing and it is understandable that you are proud of it! And you totally deserved to be shortlisted!! Cannot wait to see what you'll bring out next!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cutie. You absolute babe <3 xxx

      Delete
  9. What an amazing year, you've really moved forward at lightning speed - congratulations and well done! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally has been - crazy! Thank you. xxx

      Delete
  10. Happy blog birthday! I'm gonna be up to a year this december and its crazy how far such a little space on the internet can come in a short amount of time :) Sounds like you've had an amazing year! x

    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on a year! your blog is so gorgeous & you always have such lovely posts!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on one year! love your blog, beaut pics

    Emma | masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is one of my faves and you're an inspiration to a little me!

    theglamaddict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely - that's such an amazing thing to hear <3 xxx

      Delete
  14. Aww, I love this post! ♥ I'm so glad for you and how far you're getting. Your blog is amazing and you totally deserve it all!

    Leanne @ Makeup Blast xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll! I really appreciate it. xxx

      Delete
  15. Awww Happy Blog Birthday lovely!! I recently had mine and it's crazy to reflect on things... You have done amazingly and should be so proud <3 your blog is one of my faves to read and you totally deserve the best :)

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly - it most certainly is! I really appreciate that lovely. xxx

      Delete
  16. Congrats to one year on your blog! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on a whole year of blogging!!
    Your white sandals are lovely!!
    www.framecake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Blogging Birthday :D and here's to many more Hun.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy blogging birthday girl!
    Keep it up!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Blog Birthday! Keep up the amazing work! xx

    - Trina ♥
    trinawears.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations babe! I love you and your blog so much, I'm so happy to see you both doing well! You keep doing what you're doing and you'll be a massive success xxx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you Gemma, I'm so over the moon! Mwah, lots of love. xxx

      Delete
  22. Happy Birthday, I have loved reading your blog so so much! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy blog birthday! Ive just come across your blog on twitter and oh my!! Its beautiful!!!!! <3

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, you are so pretty! x

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4164767/lifebyemmy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can't believe I only just discovered your lovely blog!
    Beautiful! & congratulations :)
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Huzzah!! Time flies when you're having fun, it'll be 3 years before you know it. All the cool kids get shortlisted but don't win. ;) You're my winner haha!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your blog darling! I love that your outfits are all 'genuine' as you say, as I know there's lots of bloggers out there who put stuff together for a post but would never wear it in real life - which is so irritating!
    You've done so well in your first year of blogging, you should be very proud of yourself :) I know what you mean about make up as well, I was pretty clueless when I started my blog but now people often ask me for advice on products and stuff - madness!!!
    xxxx

    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. I really appreciate this a lot. Loves! xxx

      Delete
  28. Yay to my fellow NE Blogger, you have did amazing. Glad my first ever blogger I met was you, super lovely! Your blog is going so far!
    PS Blogger/Beauty Addict!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing journey! Looking forward to seeing what this year will bring!

    http://filthystrut.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've recently started blogging and it's great to see how far yours has come in a year!

    pandapopprincess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those shoes are adorable!

    Lovely dress too

    http://fashoscope.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  32. This post is so sweet. I love hearing about your insights and what you've learned along the way... and the honest truth that you had no idea where your blog would take you!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats! That dress is so pretty :) x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. You've acheived so much in such a small amount of time. Congrats! You deserve it!

    Halima

    Fashionicide | Manchester Fashion & Beauty Blog

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy blog birthday. I remember following your blog in its early days and thinking how cute it was. And now I look at your blog and think wow...I'm really happy for you and cant wait to see it get bigger and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much lovely. Such a gorgeous comment. xxx

      Delete
  36. Wonderful post! :)


    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig