31 May 2013

Review: Illamasqua 'Brow & Lash Gel'

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel



As many of you may probably know, a couple of weeks ago Illamasqua reached 50k followers on Twitter and to celebrate they treated all of their lovely customers to 50% off everything online. Even though I've never bought anything from the brand before, when I seen the offer I thought it'd be the perfect time to try out some of their products. I treated myself to a Gleam highlighter in Aurora (review soon) and this, the Brow & Lash Gel. After not being 100% content with Benefit's Speed Brow, I was eager to see if this would keep my brows in place...

At first I was confused that this was a Lash gel and a Brow gel. After some research I found that in terms of applying it to your eyelashes, it is supposed to help hold them in place too, much like how it's supposed to with your eyebrows. Even though I like how it's multi-functional, I want to keep the product solely for my eyebrows as I've seen the Pixiwoo sisters use this in their make-up tutorial videos.

Upon first application I noticed that the gel was clear - making me a very very happy bunny! I knew that this would most likely reduce the chance of their being a coloured residue left on my brows and was I right? You bet I was! Illamasqua 1 - Benefit 0.  Not only did the gel sweep easily onto my brows, but the wand makes it super easy to brush your hairs into the shape/direction which you desire. The gel sets clear and I can honestly say that my brows don't budge an inch all day. I think I've finally found what I've been looking for! I'll definitely pick up some more stuff from Illamasqua, they seem like such a great brand. Overall Rating: 10/10!

Have you tried any products from Illamasqua? Did you take advantage of the amazing 50% off? Let me know, thanks for reading! Remember to enter my latest giveaway here!

Megan. xo

*Some posts may contain PR/Gifted samples, please read my disclaimer here for further information*
Share:

22 comments

  1. I may try this one! The one I'm using leaves funny bits through my eyebrows :/

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what the problem was with the Benefit one! xxx

      Delete
  2. oooh this sounds amazing.. i haven't tried any illamasqua products! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either until now! Definitely worth it xxx

      Delete
  3. Oooh, it sounds super but I need the Benefit dark wax to fill in my eyebrow gaps ha!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr - UK Fashion and Style Blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yeah! I'm trying to grow my eyebrows so their a bit fuller! xxx

      Delete
  4. Love the look of this, gutted I missed the discount:( xxx

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww did you? I'm sure they'll have another one! xxx

      Delete
  5. Ooh really want to try this now!
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds lovely! I took advantage of the sale too and bought some eyeshadows x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh did you? I bet they are crazy pigmented! xxx

      Delete
  7. I so nearly bought this that night! Shocking how you've had your products long enough to do a review on them. I got mine TODAY from that sale! Probably the last one on earth but worth it in the end :)

    www.annettibus.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally got mine 2/3 days after ordering! Oooh really? That's a pretty long time but I bet they were super busy! xxx

      Delete
  8. It sounds amazing ! I think that you're very creative :* I love your blog ! Please, be follower on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have used the anastasia brow gel for a while now and I don't like that it is tinted because it gets all over your skin! I will definitely be checking this out thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh does it? I think clear ones are the way to go to be honest! xxx

      Delete
  10. Oh wow this sounds amazing! I use a GOSH one at the moment, it's quite good but Illamasqua is my favourite high end-ish brand so I know I'd like this. I have the Gleam Aurora highlighter and omg it's beautiful! Can't wait to read your review lovelyyyyy xxx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so shocked I haven't tried Illamasqua until now - they're products are fab! I'm really enjoying the highlighter too xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig