8 May 2013

Holiday Essentials

First of all I apologise for my absence, I've been really poorly the past couple of days. I've not been eating properly and have had a horrendously high temperature amongst other things so I've put blogging on hold for now. Thank you for your lovely messages on Twitter, I'm sure I'll be back to my normal self soon! Luckily I had this post drafted for when the weather got brighter, enjoy!

So it's coming up to that time of the year. You know, where everyone's off 'holiday shopping' for their summer trips away. Unfortunately, I have zero plans so far to go abroad, but a girls allowed to dream, right?! With my head in the clouds dreaming of hot sun, the cool sea and Fanta Lemon (the holiday drink), I put together a little collage of my 'Holiday Essentials' and what I wish I was wearing on a beach in Marbella...
Oversized Shard Collar
Coral Flower Stud Earrings

The first thing that's always on my list when going away is a killer bikini. This year I'm loving all the high waisted briefs I've been seeing and this frilly little number, is no exception. Obviously, being 'sun safe' is very important as we need to protect our skin against those harmful rays, so we need a gigantic beach bag to put all of our sun cream in. I thought this nautical bag fitted the bill perfectly, it's big enough to put everything you need for a day at the beach in... One of the worst things for me when on the beach is burning your feet on the hot sand, hence why sandals are a MUST. And well, you can't not accessorize can you? You never know when you and your friends might be hitting up a boat party! I'd finish the outfit off with these cool sunnies and super cute jewels!

What will you be wearing on your holidays this year? Where are you off to? Let me know, thanks for reading?

Megan. xo

*Some posts may contain PR/Gifted samples, please read my disclaimer here for further information*
Share:

39 comments

  1. Love those sandals!!

    http://whatwouldaudreywear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bikini! Reminds me of mermaids haha. I am dying for a long holiday, I'm off to a festival in Germany next month but I'm in need of a beach holiday too! xx

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha totally! Oooh really, that'll be so good! I love festivals! xx

      Delete
  3. That beach bag is THE ONE! I so need it for my holiday.

    Great post, hope you're feeling better ♥

    Stevie Hearts Makeup

    Stevie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so perfect! Thank you Stevie, I really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  4. Give me all of it! I love those fringed sandals x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want those round sunglasses! x

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. those sunglasses are beaut! thankfully this year i am going abroad... xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that bikini is so nice! Makes me really want to get in shape for summer..won't happen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaah those sunglasses are A+ :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bag and sunglasses (:

    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all compliment each other I think! xxx

      Delete
  10. such a nice bikini!

    http://maddieisthename.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your wishlist! Not very good for my wallet though, haha..

    www.kristianavasarina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's never any good for my purse either! xxx

      Delete
  12. Those sunglasses are adorbz!!! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those sandals!! Need them for my holiday :) x
    http://lollylaura1991.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is such an amazing bikini! well chosen! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well :( I love your picks. I actually will only ever buy coral or peach bikinis haha as I think they're the most flattering colours. I wish I was going away too but luckily it's hot here already I just need to make the trek to a nice beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting better, thanks Christine! Yeah they definitely are, they make you appear more tan for sure! Aw is it? Jealous! xx

      Delete
  16. those flats are too cute! I love the fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really need to start wardrobe planning for Bbarbados! I'm obsessed with all the high waisted bikinis (this one's super pretty) but I just haven't managd to find 'the one'. Usually I look like a bit of a slob on holiday, I'm planning on making the effort this year haha.

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    P.S Hope you're all better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww JEALOUS MUCH! Ohh me too, I love the pin-up feel of some of them! Hope you have a lovely holiday xxx

      Delete
  18. Love for your picks. Those fringed sandals are amazing. I can't wait for a holiday but will have to wait until a bit later in the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig