26 April 2013

My Spring Fragrance - Nicki Minaj's 'Pink Friday'

Nicki Minaj Pink Friday Fragrance


Fragrance is something that I was never majorly into until recently. I mean, don't get me wrong, I always have one on the go and I'm forever taking a whiff of them in Boots, yet I don't own tons of bottles that sit pretty on my dresser. For some reason, I'd rather spend my money on make-up & clothes than buy an expensive fragrance, but that's just me. However, times are changing and my fragrance collection is slowly & steadily growing and this beauty is my latest addition courtesy of the lovely people from HQ Hair.

Despite her catchy and often 'rude' pop hits, Nicki Minaj's make-up and hair always looks flawless. Her overall persona oozes everything that's bright and eccentric and that is definitely reflected in her first ever fragrance. Named after her first studio album, 'Pink Friday' is definitely an eye-catching bottle. It's her, how cool is that? Even though to some it may be a bit intimidating (and weird) I think it's really cute and definitely fits the bill as a 'dresser fragrance'. Now I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting an amazing scent, but I was so pleasantly surprised. It's certainly fruity and floral, making it ideal for the Spring time but holds a sultry hint of vanilla; A perfect combination. I have to say, I'm in love with how feminine and playful it is, I've been spritzing it onto myself every single day. The only downside is that it's not that long lasting, bummer! Make sure you give it a sniff next time you see it.

Have you tried this fragrance? Or does the bottle put you off? Let me know, thanks for reading!

Megan. xo
*Some posts may contain PR/Gifted samples, please read my disclaimer here for further information*
Share:

28 comments

  1. Jade has this and loves it! I'm exactly the same, all my money goes on clothes haha. I think this is something I'd pop on a gift list, just in case anybody wanted to splurge. ;)

    What event are you going to? Have fun! :)

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant! I really should start spending a tad more on fragrance but that's what I'm like, I always have one on my Christmas list! I went to the North East Body Shop Event! xx

      Delete
  2. I was shocked by how nice this fragrance is.. I love Nicki Minaj's music + am really tempted to get this perfume!

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's fairly on the cheaper side of fragrance! xx

      Delete
  3. I love this! I got a few samples for free in my huge Debenhams order, and it's so nice! I really want the big size now xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this fragrance!! It is perfect for the warmer times!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely! Must try it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - give it a sniff next time you see it! :) xx

      Delete
  6. I haven't actually had chance to smell this perfume yet, it sounds lovely though, I've been wearing mac turquatic recently, I've done a review over on my blog :)

    http://peachynotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely! I didn't even know MAC did fragrance, slap my hand! xx

      Delete
  7. I absoloutely love this fragrance. I'm a huge Nicki fan and everytime I go into Superdrug I always have a whiff and I'm so dedating whether to buy it because of saving money, but I think I'm going to drop a few hints at the boyfriend ;) xo

    Hannah xo| Glitter & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy it buy it! I love dropping hints to the other half, he listens as well! xx

      Delete
  8. I love the bottle! So cool, may have to go and give it a sniff next time i'm in boots! xxx

    emilyjaneosborne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so unique, you can so tell it's her too! xx

      Delete
  9. i havent even got a chance to smell this yet- must pop in somewhere and give it a whiff! the bottle is so cool! :) hope the event was faaab - can't wait to hear all about it!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must! Thanks lovely, it was great xx

      Delete
  10. the packaging actually looks really nice ! hehe :) X


    www.stayuglyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. the bottle is so quirky! i bet it'd be a bit creepy by your bed at night though, can you imagine, waking up at some daft hour in the middle of the night and having nikki minaj in your face.
    i still haven't had a whiff of it so i'll be sure to give it a go next time i'm shopping. i hope you had the best time last night! super jealous. tell us all about it :)
    laura xx

    http://www.lisforladybird.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely!!! Yes you must, it's lush! xx

      Delete
  12. i love the packaging (:
    personally not a big fan of the smell
    but its still fun (:

    xo, shannon

    shannily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each to their own, it's definitely fun! :) xx

      Delete
  13. I dont own this perfume (not being much of a perfume girl) but it does smell really fruity with hint of floral...and props to her for that quirky bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like it smells lovely, definitely going to give it a sniff when I see it
    Kirsty x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig