4 September 2015

Beauty | My Everyday Makeup Brushes

It's not often I talk about makeup brushes on here, they really don't make an appearance as often as they should as I am constantly finding new gems. Let me talk you through the one I use on a daily basis...

Apart from my beloved Beauty Blender (£16), I use several brushes that help create my daily looks. Let's start with the biggest brush here and that is the one that I use for bronzer, the Zoeva 101 Luxe Face Definer (£17.50). The large but tapered bristles make the perfect application to bronze over the face without being too precise. If I want a more defined contour, I'll go ahead and use the priciest brush in this post, the Charlotte Tilbury Powder & Sculpt Brush (£35). Now this is tapered enough to get that chiselled cheekbone look, the handle is also ridged so that it doesn't roll off your table. Yay for that! 

Most of the time I don't use brushes for their actual purpose. I use the Real Techniques Contour Brush (Core Collection - £20.99) for the exact opposite purpose, to highlight. & for when I want to add a little bit of blush, which I am really enjoying doing at the moment, I'll reach for the Nanshy Large Angled Contouring Brush (£7.95) to flush my cheeks. Contour brushes are just good for everything! Finally for the face, is a brush I found through Makeup Savvy's blog, this NARS dupe is actually from eBay (£0.99) and only cost a couple of £'s. Guess what? It's brilliant. I use it for topping up powder and setting my under eye concealer & it works a treat.

Moving onto eyes now, the duo of the Laura Mercier Brow Brush and the Nanshy Angled Detailer Brush (£5.95) is my eyebrow match made in heaven. Dainty enough to pack with you anywhere! For eyeshadow in general, I feel that I could lose the rest of my collection and be stuck with these two and still be happy about it. The MAC 217 (£20) is probably the most recognised eye brush in the makeup community, it's perfect for both application and blending like a boss. However, the Crownbrush Crease Blender Brush comes in at a close 2nd place for it's blending abilities. I'm often sat there for hours...

So there you have it, my most used everyday makeup brushes! Oh boy these get a good ol' clean the amount that they get used. Let me know in the comments whether any of these brushes are part of your every day routine, or any other ones that you tend to favour. Thanks for reading! 
Megan. xo
Check out my September advertiser - Pretty and Polished! 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig