6 November 2014

Lifestyle | The Olde Young Tea House

There's nothing more I love than tea and cake, so I have zero idea of why I haven't visited The Olde Young Tea House earlier! Situated in my local town centre of Middlesbrough, this quaint little tea room has just expanded and it couldn't be prettier. It's covered in vintage themed decor, from the huge floral, tassle light shades (which I want!) to all the wooden shelvings and accents. All the plates, mugs, teapots and saucers are all completely different too, which really adds to that vintage feel.

Although they are introducing a new menu soon including the addition of soups and salads, the tea room provides a selection of sandwiches, bagels, light bites and sweet snacks, all of which are reasonably priced. I would definitely say that the cake however, steals the show. They bake the cakes and cupcakes fresh every single day with every flavour that you could think of (see their Instagram here for examples!), from jammy dodger, to malteaser, to red velvet; There's something for everyone's tastebuds. I opted for Terry's Chocolate Orange and it did not disappoint, a soft, moist cake with the sweetest of icing - it certainly was wolfed down in seconds! They also provide a huge range of tea and although flavoured tea isn't something that I really drink, I chose a Peppermint Tea and was pleasantly surprised, I think I'll be widening my flavoured tea tastebuds here more often!

Me and my University friends absolutely fell in love with this place and cannot wait to visit it on regular basis - and try out the new menu! If you're ever in the area, make sure you give this tea room a visit - you won't be let down! Let me know where your favourite places for tea and cake are, and what cakes you love! I'm a fan of anything and everything pure chocolatey! Thanks for reading!

Check out my November Advertiser - Tea Party With Alice
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig