19 January 2014

Skincare | Magnitone Pulsar


The Clarisonic is a widely talked about and expensive electrical skincare tool. Ever since I read a couple of reviews in the infamous 'Mia', I've always wondered what difference using such a tool would make. Luckily, I've been trying out a similar tool for several weeks now; the Magnitone Pulsar*. It claims to do multiple things such as deep cleanse your skin, remove dirt & impurities, tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of pores & wrinkles. A very bold claim indeed.

The technique is simple, you first pick one of the four modes which are massage, exfoliate, sensitive and deep clean - Another multi-use product! You then pop your favourite cleanser on to the brush head, switch the tool on and gently circle your face spending 20 seconds on your forehead and t-zone, 10 seconds on each cheek and 10 seconds on your chin. After you simply wash any excess product off your face and voila, you're done. 

With it being a lot rougher on your skin than your hands are, I did at first break out a little bit after the first couple of uses, but that seemed to disappear after a week or so. I also got quite a bit of redness too as my skin wasn't used to the  tool. However, since beginning to use the Magnitone Pulsar, my skin is feeling a lot smoother and softer but I've seen no difference in the visibility of my pores just yet. When it comes down to it, I don't think this is a complete necessity in a skincare routine, but boy, it is a treat and a luxury to have!

So, what are your thoughts? Would you be willing to pay a hefty price tag for a tool like this? You can pick it up on lookfantastic.com, a lot cheaper than a Clarisonic! Make sure you let me know your opinions on a product like this in the comment below, thanks for reading!


Take a look at my January Advertisers! Beky LouDippy Writes & The Little Deer
*This product was sent to me free of charge & for my consideration. All opinions are honest & completely my own.
Share:

25 comments

  1. I like that this is cheaper than the Clarisonic but I still don't know if I am up for spending that much money. Great review though!
    Casualllyawkward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! I love the idea of these but I know it will break me out ALOT, great review though I love all these new skin cleaning ideas and products on the market!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know until you try! Thank you lovely.

      Delete
  3. I've been using the Magnitone since the new year & like you said it leaves my skin feeling really soft but apart front that I haven't seen any big improvements to my skin yet.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you use it with the right products it can make such a difference, it means I don't have to double cleanse sometimes too. xxx

      Delete
  4. Oooh never heard of this but it looks nice!!

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of these, I just think that they are too much for what could be done manually! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but it's totally different until you try one! x

      Delete
  6. never heard of this branded one, but sounds like a great cheaper alternative for the clarasonic!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lovely, just came across your blog and it's great - love the look of this product!

    I'm your newest follower and look forward to your next post! :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think for good skincare, that’s a pretty good price.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm yet to try this lovely, but I did try the Mia - I found the results the same as what you have with this product. Thanks for sharing beautiful :)

    Elizabeth x

    www.candyflosscurlscupccakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to try something like this, but I'm so scared it may be to rough on my skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too, but after a few goes you get used to it!

      Delete
  11. I would love to try this! I have sensitive skin so I'd be a little worried about going red but I'd still give it a whirl and hope my skin would get used to it.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine went red after the first few tries but now it's super super soft. xx

      Delete
  12. You've got an awesome blog babe, definitely following you now :)

    Check out my new blog, I'd love to know what you think thefashionrubiks.blogspot.co.uk

    Maybe we can follow each other?

    The Fashion Rubiks <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to try one but I'm not sure I could justify the money!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig