18 June 2013

What's on my face #2

What's On My Face


I did my first 'Whats on my face' back in February so I apologise that it's been so long! My outfit posts have been easy to capture but as soon as I try take close-ups it's like my camera (and sometimes my face) doesn't want to cooperate. However, I finally managed to take some blog-able photos the other day to show you my make-up...

I firstly applied my Collection 'Lasting Perfection' Concealer around my nose and chin to cover any redness and blemishes. As I've been loving a light base recently, I then went straight ahead and powdered my entire face with my favourite, MAC's 'Mineralize Skinfinish Natural' (review). Sleek's 'Contour Kit' (review) came up next and I used the contour shade to warm up my cheeks and temples and dusted the highlighter along the tops of my cheekbones.

I filled in my eyebrows using Benefit's 'Brow-Zings' and set them in place with my Illamasqua 'Brow & Lash Gel' (review). I love using the MUA 'Undress Me Too' palette when I don't want my eye shadow to be in your face; I think it's a great dupe for the Naked 2 shade wise, but they aren't as pigmented therefore perfect when wanting something subtle. I applied 'Tranquil' all over the lid then blended 'Lavish' through the crease and outer corner to create a shadow. Using my new Collection Felt-Tip Liner I created a simple, thin winged line to open up my eyes and added drama with Maybelline 'The Falsies' mascara.

I finished the entire look off with Benefit's Lipstick in 'Rocket Pop' as I wasn't feeling a bright lip (so unlike me). Well there you have it, a long over-due face post, and here's the final outcome...As you can see the look is very simple and easy to wear, I've been wearing this look to work a lot recently. However, if I'm in a bit of a rush I'll skip out the eyes and just wear mascara on it's own or if I'm wanting to make a statement I'll wear a brighter lip. Please let me know in the comments what you love to wear on a daily basis and if you use any of these products. Thanks for reading!


Megan. xo

*Some posts may contain PR/Gifted samples, please read my disclaimer here for further information*
Share:

49 comments

  1. I love the collection 2000 concealer. I am now on my third bottle ha. I really want to try the Sleek contour kit so think I need to purchase that ASAP. You look lovely! Xxxx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my second, they last forever! It's amazing, you really should! Thanks! xxx

      Delete
  2. Your lip colour is so pretty, so jelous of your ridiculously long eyelashes!

    Lily x

    everyseasonstylish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! People have always said that haha! xxx

      Delete
  3. Fantastic look hun! Love that lip colour on you :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh you look so lovely!! I need to pick up a new mascara... thanks for reminding me!! may try this one! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eleanor! It's pretty damn good! xxx

      Delete
  5. I have the MUA Undress me Too palette and love the colours - such a steal for £4. Need to try this mascara!
    http://redlipsblackflicks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour on your lips :) I have the MUA undress me Too palette and I love it for everyday use xx
    http://lollylaura1991.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your skin looks flawless! Really love the effect of the MAC MS! xx

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices, love the look!😏

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try the MUA palette, looks so good for only £4!

    olivialways.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your lip colour, and that pallet looks like a great neutrals pallet! x

    http://totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So natural and beautiful. Love that lip color on you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so flawless!!
    And love the lip colour
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. your so pretty, love the lipstick! check out my blog?
    http://thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lipstick is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Your lashes are crazy long- I'm so jealous! Your eye makeup is really lovely, I love the colours x

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty makeup look, perfect for summer! Also you look so tannnnnned, if it's a bottle tan I would love to know what it is :) otherwise I'm very jealous as I'm pale as anything right now.

    Tori xx

    toribrownies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really love that lipstick on you, looks lovely.


    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful! Your eyes are stunning xx

    www.zdevania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look stunning! I love the MAC MSF on you x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, I hope you know what a total babe you are. Absolutely beautiful, I wish I had skin like yours!

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Tara - concealer covers my blemishes well, trust me they're there!! xxx

      Delete
  21. I love posts like these, please do more :)x

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe you have no liquid foundation on! I never understand how people can get good coverage with powders...I haven't found one that does that for me yet!

    www.annettibus.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a VERY good powder! It feels good to let me skin 'breathe' a bit! xxx

      Delete
  23. I absolutely love this look for you Megan!! It's adorable and I love how you did your eyes!! You are so lucky you don't need to put any foundation on!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  24. you look amzing...your makeup looks flawless
    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig