19 April 2013

Review: Garnier's 'Moisture Match'

Garnier Moisture Match for Dry Skin

Garnier Moisture Match for Dry Skin 
As soon as I had seen the advert for these moisturisers, I was instantly intrigued. Due to my super sensitive and horrendously dry skin, I'm forever on the hunt for a moisturiser to completely hydrate my face. In terms of applying my make-up, no amount of exfoliating and moisturising made a difference to my skin. Every time I applied foundation and concealer, my dry patches were exaggerated. Until I found this... The thing I loved the most was the way that Garnier had designed five different moisturisers to suit different skin types. Here are the different moisturisers and the types of skin they're designed for...

Protect & Glow - For normal skin
Start Afresh - For normal / dry skin
Goodbye Dry - For dry / very dry skin
Wake Me Up - For dull skin
Shine Be Gone - For combination / oily skin

How amazing is that? After sending off for a sample, which you can do from this page here, I was pleased to see that you receive 3 different sachets of samples. As I opted for the 'Goodbye Dry' sample, I also received 'Protect & Glow' as well as 'Start Afresh'. I thought this was a brilliant touch as I probably would have sent off for another sample anyway if I wasn't happy with my original decision; It was great to sample the others too! I firstly tested 'Goodbye Dry' and thought 'meh', it made my skin a bit too greasy and I was really disappointed. My makeup practically slid off my face! The following morning, I tried 'Start Afresh' and as soon as I applied my makeup I noticed a huge difference - no creasing of concealer, no exaggerated dry patches and a lovely glow!

So why is 'Start Afresh' so bloody amazing I hear you ask? It promises to be 'non-greasy and quick to absorb' and it does just that. I don't have to wait 10 minutes for it to sink into my skin before I can carry on with my morning routine which is an excellent bonus. Even though the texture is fairly thick, it seeps in nicely and I'm good to go in a minute or so. It makes my makeup base go on flawlessly and gives me that natural glow I've always looked for; Which is also perfect for drier skinned people like myself. It says to keep your skin 'hydrated for up to 24 hours', does it do that? Pretty much! I've been applying it every morning and even when I've taken my makeup off on the evening, my skin still feels really soft and supple. All in all, for a minor £5.99 I am absolutely head over heels for this product. I understand sometimes you get what you pay for with skincare, but this is an exception in my books. I really suggest ordering some samples to test it out. Overall Rating: 10/10!

Have you used this? What's your skin type? Thanks for reading, let me know!

Megan. xo
*Some posts may contain PR/Gifted samples, please read my disclaimer here for further information*
Share:

38 comments

  1. I love these creams. Perfect textures & looks lovely under make up. Pretty affordable too! x

    www.erraticglamour.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant ain't they?! Very cheap compared to some moisturisers! xx

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to try these! I've got really dry skin too, my foundation always looks patchy at the moment! Good to that the one for dry skin isnt so great!

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should sample them, I'm so happy I did! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm really intrigued about this range, sounds great though:) xx

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been really keen to try these, more so after reading this review. thank you lovely! :-) xxx

    http://abambilegsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem deary! You should send off for samples! xx

      Delete
  5. i need this! i have dry skin :(

    xo, ZEBRA AND MEERKAT ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bargain, I can't believe it got 10/10! I hate greasy moisturisers but this 1 sounds perfect. I'm making a mental note for when my current one runs out ;)

    Tara
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! My first item to get 10/10! It's so great for it's price! xx

      Delete
  7. I tried these as I got some samples, think I'm going to get Wake Me Up and Protect And Glow, as I really liked how they made my skin look. They're really good value for money too! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you feel the same lovely, it's crazy how a good base can make you feel better about how you look! xx

      Delete
  8. Hiya Megan

    Pretty late now that you've found this, but I totally recommend Aveno Cream. It's fab! Use it after taking your makeup off on a night and first thing on a morning, post cleanse!! It keeps my awful dry skin at bay!

    Any chance you could do a post on how to keep your skin free from spots?! Yours alwaaaaays looks so flawless! (Jealousy scale is 185498758 right now!!)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks for the recommendation, I'm always wanting to try new stuff anyway! Oooh that's a good idea, I'm never 100% flawless but my skin has improved a hell of a lot! I may write a post up about it :) Thank you for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  9. I had a few samples of these and I love how good they are for a product that's so inexpensive!they sink in sooo quickly which I love from a moisturiser :D great review lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant aren't they? Glad you enjoyed them too! Thank you :D xxx

      Delete
  10. Definitely getting some samples now! Such a bargain product and so good to hear it actually works!xx
    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woop, I'm glad! Hope you enjoy them! xxx

      Delete
  11. I feel like you know what I am into.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw I'm so glad you loved this, and it worked for you. It didn't work for my skin for some reason.. it just sat on the surface making foundation application pretty much impossible :( xxx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww really that's so sad because it's so brilliant for me! Just goes to show how everyone's skin is different! xxx

      Delete
  13. This looks interesting! Need to give this a try thanks for the write up :) x

    Prettyandtasty-Ly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great! Thanks for the review, I really want to try this now :)

    JordysBeautySpot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. completely love these creams! <3

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to try the Protect & Glow. I actually love Garnier moisturizers xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi lovely - thank you for your blog link after the #bbloggers chat! I always get excited when i find other people with dry skin as I suffer from it myself. I'd really recommend the Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate. It is seriously the best moisturiser I've ever tried and I really do get through a lot! haha :)



    www.palindromepoppet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem lovely - I know right! Ooooh thank you for the recommendation, I'll have to give it a try :) xxx

      Delete
  18. I got the green one for oily skin - really impressed :) lovely blog girl! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally agree! Garnier do lovely moisturizers! After receiving the sample I love love love Protect & Glow. Will be blogging about it soon :D xx

    http://toribrownies.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah cool babes! I'm so glad I've found a cheap moisturiser! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig