24 June 2013

Review: Deborah Milano's 'Shine Creator' Lipstick

Deborah Milano LipstickDeborah Milano Lipstick 
If you've been a reader of my blog for some time, you may recall that earlier this year I reviewed some Deborah Milano products; an Eyeshadow Quad and Bronzer to be exact. The lovely people from the UK team recently got back in touch as they've been sending out new lip products for us lucky bloggers to try out. As I had mixed reviews on the previous products I'd tried from the brand, I was eager to see how their Shine Creator Lipstick would play out...

This certain product is said to be a combination of three types of lip products; A lipstick, a gloss and a balm. Phew, that's a lot to live up to! The packaging is unique and sturdy, with a click function so that the lid doesn't fall off easily. The brand logo is printed on the side and the shade number on top; As you can see I received shade '12' which is a vibrant red in the tube.

Upon application the product did apply like a lipstick, however very glossy and moisturising. I could tell straight away that it wasn't going to dry out my lips due to how smooth it was. The first application was sheer and the colour wasn't as buildable as I'd of hoped. Nevertheless, I wore this through a whole shift at work and it was comfortable to wear and didn't bleed, however the lipstick faded as if it was a 'stain'.

As you can see from the photo above it is fairly sheer - something I don't usually go for. However, if you like a less statement and moisturising lipstick I'd definitely recommend these. Let me know down below what type of lip you go for. Do you prefer a bold statement like me or something a lot more subtle? Thanks for reading!

Megan. xo

*Some posts may contain PR/Gifted samples, please read my disclaimer here for further information*
Share:

35 comments

  1. Not as colourful as I normally go for, but the sheen looks really nice on your lips! :) xx

    http://nekotonotanoshii.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have baby lips so I prefer more natural lippues like this one, such a pretty shade!!

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I've not read one bad review of Deborah Milano! Everything is amazing!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be doing something write don't they?! xxx

      Delete
  4. Looks beautiful on, would be a great one for summer or on holiday!

    www.absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks stunning on you. Shame that it's not as buildable as you'd hoped but I still think it looks gorgeous xxo
    The Edge of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though its quite sheer its still a lovely subtle colour, which is great if that's what you're after! Shame its not as buildable as you had hoped for x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It can be used for those days I'm not feeling too 'statement' xxx

      Delete
  7. Looks like a really pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This colour is gorgeous
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks so pretty and subtle on you, gorgeous! xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of this brand but I like the way this lip product looks!

    Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty color, looks great on you!

    Twinvibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I prefer bolder lipsticks too but this looks like a beautiful natural shade!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have some of these, and I love them!! This is a gorgeous shade, and your skin is flawlesssssssss!!! Per-fect-ion :D xxx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'awhh thank you Gem! I'm glad you like them too! xxx

      Delete
  14. I'm more of a bold (especially red) kinda girl but it looks great on you

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this kinda gives the lips a really natural look. Not sure if it's for me but might be for other people!
    www.annettibus.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE these kinds of lipsticks! Plus you have really nice skin!

    http://simplicity12.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colour! Suits you really well :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig