15 August 2013

Review | Avene's 'Thermal Water Spray'

As this Summer has been one of the hottest England has seen in a long time, it's been difficult for us typical 'Brits' to cope with the heat sometimes. Here's where I introduce something that has literally been a 'best friend' to me over summer; Avene's 'Thermal Water Spray'.

When I first heard about the product I wasn't interested; Why would I want to pay for a 'water spray'? However, one walk to work in a black uniform in the blistering heat made me give in and buy this. Described as being 'soothing, anti-irritating and anti-free radical', I wasn't disappointed by the results. It isn't too shocking when you spray and it really does cool and refresh your skin.

The product comes in a tin can with a spray function so it's brilliant to just pop in to your handbag. It can be used to comfort the skin from any irritations (such as eczema, redness etc.), as a toner, or just a general 'boost' for the skin. I also use it to 'wake-up my make-up' if I'm wearing certain products for a long time - it just helps you look that little bit more alive during long days.

Despite being a tad expensive for what it is, I've really enjoyed using this product however I'd only repurchase it during summertime. Have you tried this? Or perhaps a product of a similar concept? Let me know in the comments below, thank you so much for 800 followers too - wow! Don't forget to vote in the Cosmo Blog Awards - I'm in the 'Best New Beauty Blog' category! Thanks for reading!

Share:

32 comments

  1. I purchased this at the end of July, just the small can to pop in my bag. It was a godsend, so nice to use when it was boiling at work :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've been using it for, love it! xxx

      Delete
  2. I recently bought the Bioderma one and it has been a life saver over the past couple of weeks, so perfect for those hot days.

    This one seems cool though, maybe next time! :D

    Nat xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I didn't know Bioderma did one, I can imagine it to be just as good! xxx

      Delete
  3. I purchased this on my way to Hurricane Festival in Germany and it was literally a life saver. I used it every morning before I attempted to cleanse as best as I could but it really helped :) definitely something I'd repurchase! xx

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can imagine, especially after a festival! xxx

      Delete
  4. I love this spray and have been using it for years- my boyfriend thinks it hilarious but it really does work!!

    Rosie x

    http://itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my boyfriend does too! I always spray his face! xxx

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a really good product, I'll be keeping an eye out for it next time i'm shopping x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking at this for ages wondering if its worth purchasing, i use my Caudalie Beauty Elixir for the same reaons but i think this would be slightly more suitable!

    Lovely blog, would you like to follow me back?

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one is slightly cheaper too! xxx

      Delete
  7. I use this when I'm travelling - perfect for plane skin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, this does sound good! I occasionally get eczema so this would be perfect.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have eczema all the time and it's fab for it! xxx

      Delete
  9. I feel like this would just mess my makeup up but everyones been saying it refreshes it. I can't get my head around it haha but that's nothing new! I'd definitely enjoy it on hot days...if we have anymore?

    Katie xxx

    Beauty and the Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, because I originally thought it too. I know, they come few and far between don't they?! xxx

      Delete
  10. I used up a whole can of this and absolutely loved it! So refreshing and really soothing. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds amazing... I deffo need one in this heat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo I'm intrigued lovely, I wouldn't think to invest in a product like this but having read the review it's definitely something I could see myself trying, especially for long days in a stuffy office!

    Elizabeth x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it'll be brilliant to spruce you up! xxx

      Delete
  13. My husband is appalled that I pay that much for tinned water but men don't understand! haha I find that when I give myself a spritz of this before applying moisturizer, it sinks into my skin that much better! I've tried a couple, but the Avene one is by far my favourite! xx

    www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been hearing so much about this product lately. It seems to have taken the world by storm. Unfortunately too expensive for my budget but you never know I may just have to cave one day, haha.

    Debra Bros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tad on the pricey side for what it is! xxx

      Delete
  15. Sounds so nice and luxurious!!

    -Maddy @ BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate it so much! I love reading and replying to your comments, so keep them coming!

© Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog | UK Fashion Blog | UK Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig